Whats up with Picco?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

Wondering if there has been any further developments with the Picco saga? It's been a while since anyone has said anything. Are they still making marine engines and is anyone running them?

picco stopped thier production on marine engines and now they are focusing on auto...... those jerks!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: good thing i got an ops over a picco

The last I heard, no one wants to purchase the quantities of engines in one lump that it takes for Picco to turn a profit on "tooling up" to make a run of any specific marine engine. Apparently they cannot make the car engines fast enough as it is so they are also reluctant to shut down that venture in favor of a relatively short run of marine engines.

Rich

HEY RICH, WOULD SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON IN ITIALY ? I GAVE THEM AN ORDER FOR A SAMPLE RUN (500) THEY TOLD ME THE WOULD NOT DO IT FOR LESS THAN 2000 PCS ?? HELL I DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY , THEN I TRIED TIAWAN , SAME THING ?? TRIED CHINA , SAME THING . I REALLY DONT THINK THEY WANT SELL MOTORS , AND THIS WAS FOR THERE STANDARD PRODUCTION EGINES , NO CHANGES AT ALL ?? WE HAVE LOWER UNITS READY AND CANNOT GET MOTORS , TRY TO HELP SALVAGE THIS OUTBOARD SITUATION AND GET NO HELP ???? :angry:

Yah Jim,

I truely love my Picco 45's, but I guess when they get too tired to play anymore I'll find someone else to pick on. I was loyal to K&B, as you know, for 25 years. Look where they are!! Then I switched to Picco... Hmmmm... there seems to be a pattern here. :rolleyes: Wonder how long it would take me to put OPS under. :ph34r: That's probably where I'll head next! <_< I'm currently doing some R&D on rubber band power for boats. :D I'm sure IMPBA could dream up at least 10 classes in that category! :lol: :lol: :lol: Incidentaly, were you able to root up the K&B 67 carbs we talked about a while back?

Rich

Rich;

PLEASE don't buy a CMB....... hahahahaha

hope to see yo uat our race in St Louis in a few weeks.

carl :lol:

Rich,

I agree with Carl, we dont need any more competition ha!!, I sure like mine in the rigger......., may be just a tad too fast ha!!

i have a picco 45 in my crapshooter and i love running it it's really fast. i searched for almost two years before i found a piston and sleeve. when i did i bought two of them, now there are people who make rods and sleeves, who cares if picco doesn't make the anymore... all you need if you have one is to get aftermarket parts and you can run that picco into the ground, if you don't then look at the other options MAC, CMB,OPS,Nelson, at the very least that's what i'll do

i realized that i'm going to make parts for my picco. in the next few weeks i going to desgin a new front end for it, that the way it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike and Carl!

Wound up entering Huntsville in two weeks and, of course St. Louis. Wouldn't miss that for anything! Decided to give the "hot shoes" a break - only entered 40-Mono and Sport-40. :rolleyes: ALTHOUGH.... I believe I'll drag along the Speedmaster 21. If the wind lays down maybe Kenny will let me enter it, just for you Mike. ;) I'd love to see that Seducer I sold you break out in a cold sweat! :p Just about have the twin ready for paint. Still have the Worlock to build and that should be the end of construction for a while. See ya-all in 3 weeks.

Rich

Latest posts

Back