whats the hot prop for a Mongar sport OS?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Alright guys, whats the hot prop for a Mongar sport OS? I ran a variety of props today, with a 1440 back cut being the fastest. I clocked 51.7mph on the stalker. But the boat was bogging down a little out of the corner and took a minute to spool up going down the straights. Once it got spooled up it was going pretty good!

So, whats the "hot prop". Specs would be nice. prop, cup, back cut, diameter, etc. Thanks guys!!

40 x 52/3 with reduced cup 2.81" and reworked leading edges for more speed.

Rodney,

Too much cup on that 1440 B/C if it is slowing down that much in the turns.

The O.S. motors like to rev, not be loaded with a lot of trailing edge cup that kills RPM.

Try 2.57" to 2.73" of trailing edge cup and go retest that propeller again?

What is the diameter of that 1440 B/C? You need to tell us the whole story if

you want great information back? LOL !!!

M-440 Lynx-Cut needs to be 2.73" to 3.00" of trailing edge cup.

Any of these will get you going quite well "Big Fella"

Have Fun And Keep On Testing,

Mark Sholund

Call me if you want more info?

231-590-3023

Last edited by a moderator:
40 x 52/3 with reduced cup 2.81" and reworked leading edges for more speed.

Rodney,

Too much cup on that 1440 B/C if it is slowing down that much in the turns.

The O.S. motors like to rev, not be loaded with a lot of trailing edge cup that kills RPM.

Try 2.57" to 2.73" of trailing edge cup and go retest that propeller again?

What is the diameter of that 1440 B/C? You need to tell us the whole story if

you want great information back? LOL !!!

M-440 Lynx-Cut needs to be 2.73" to 3.00" of trailing edge cup.

Any of these will get you going quite well "Big Fella"

Have Fun And Keep On Testing,

Mark Sholund

Call me if you want more info?

231-590-3023
Hey Mark. How have you been? I'll measure the diameter here tonight. It was at 2.8 trailing edge so I took it down to 2.6 last night. I'll retry it here next weekend. I have a 440 here as well that I'll try and get worked up in time for testing next weekend as well. Itsgetting there! But there is aalways more.

And thanks for the other replies! I gave the 40x52/3 a shot as well but it didn't have near the speed as the 1440. I will have to measure the TE cup on it as well. Its reduced but I don't remember what I reduced it too.

Rodney,Are you going to heat race the boat, or are you just concerned with how fast you can get it going down the straightaway?

Rodney,

Size and cup numbers mean a lot more as far as the lap times are concerned.

MPH means nothing if you are heat racing.

FYI, the 40 x 52/3 has cut over a second off the lap time on many Visions and Lynx's.

Reduce the cup on the X-440 also. Remember cup kills RPM and Speed !!!

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

And if its not going fast, its not fun! Just my opinion anyhow. The boat is far from a SAW boat clearly... Thats not the intent.

Rodney,

2.57" T.E. cup can go 57 MPH if you have the motor to pull the revs.

Fact on a Stalker Pro.

I would not go over 2.73" T.E. cup on the 1440 B/C.

It depends how and where you bend the blade to get those numbers. If you want

send it on over and I can check it out for you? Great diameter I think. Most are running

Too Big of Diameters on their boats.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

ha, Mark, this thing is so ugly I wouldnt dare let anyone look at it! LOL. Its one I got ages ago and is nasty looking. Ill try it out this coming weekend and see what we get. The 440 I have here is an X440, so I will remove the tongues and lynx cut it. Then bend it to the above specs and take that one with me as well.

Thanks again guys!

Rodney, best 1440 I ever ran was a PSRP orig, Backcut 17 degrees and cup at 2.8......

A bit touchy on the setup, cavitate wildly before hookup,

Gene

Gene, that is what this one does. It cavitates like mad on launch, but some feathering the throttle gets her hooked up then its good to go! Its got a big back cut like that as well. 2.8 was just a little too much coming out of the corner. Ill try it this next weekend at 2.6 and see where we get.

I also just got done with the X440. Cut the tongues way back, back cut it similar to the lynx cut, and took it to 2.7 cup. 38.72mm diameter. Will give that one a shot as well. Already looking forward to next weekend!! :D

Rodney's going to have that stock boat running 55-57mph heat racing setup soon and coming to a race near you!!!... :)

I had a 40/53/2 on my O.S. from Mongar, Mark did some work to it i was running 56 mph had alot of fun with it Robert

Latest posts

Back