What size prop for 700 SC motor?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hello im installing a 700 sc motor running 12 cells on 14.4 volts in my Legends 1939 Century Thunderbolt by Mack products the hull is 32'' in length and a hull weight is around 5 lbs this hull is a single step hydro with a submerged drive shaft . What size of prop should i be using with the 700 sc on a submerged set up ? I was thinking of starting with a x-432. Any suggestions would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

For a 4-5# hydro running a surface drive, 45mm props are the norm. For a submerged drive you will need a smaller prop....but I think that an x632 is smaller than necessary. If you can obtain the speed you want with it fine, but it is not loading the motor very much. I agree with Paul, an x437/3 or x438 would be my choice...as long as temperatures were in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a 4-5# hydro running a surface drive, 45mm props are the norm. For a submerged drive you will need a smaller prop....but I think that an x632 is smaller than necessary. If you can obtain the speed you want with it fine, but it is not loading the motor very much. I agree with Paul, an x437/3 or x438 would be my choice...as long as temperatures were in line.

Hey Andris, Rich Koll ( Mack Model Products) is in my scale club, I have seen this boat it is really nice looking for a scale boat, you may also want to think about an octura 0937/3 (NOT THE V0937)

this is a scale looking propeller that actually works very well,

Jay this hull is like a xxl version of your pool racer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back