700 series electric motor ? s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

A while back i emailed Fine design and asked several specific ? on their Cordite SS-1 motors the reply i got back instead of answers they just said the motor is no longer sold. Here it goes a Graupner 700 BB 8.4v motor is a 9 turn motor does any one know how many turns a SS-1 motor ? Offshore electrics website shows a 700 SC which claims its the same as the SS-1 Has anyone ever tried this motor ? I set my SS-1 side by side with a 700 BB 8.4v they look the same are they the same motor with different labels ? . What is the difference between the two ? Any information to clear this grey area would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

Hi Andris,

The 8.4 700BB is not the same as the SS1 or the OSE motor. I'm really not sure of how many turns the SS1 or OSE motors have but they do pull bigger props than the 8.4 will. The only difference I know of between the SS1 and OSE's 700bb is the SS1 had a front bearing and the OSE motor has a bushing. Overall I hear the preformance is very similar between the SS1 and OSE motor. The 8.4 is a strong motor as well just use a bit smaller prop.

Paul.

Thanks for posting the info Paul.

The ss1, 700sc and Neo X have better magnets and thicker winding wire than the 700bb.

So and 700sc, ss1 and neo x have higher efficiency and like Paul said will spin a larger prop.

Steven

OffshoreElectrics.com

Thanks for posting the info Paul.The ss1, 700sc and Neo X have better magnets and thicker winding wire than the 700bb.

So and 700sc, ss1 and neo x have higher efficiency and like Paul said will spin a larger prop.

Steven

OffshoreElectrics.com
Thank you gentlemen for the information Regards Andris Golts.

Back