JD WOF for brushless outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hello im considering building the JD WOF 30'' hull for brushless o/b using the REK lower and Dubro motor mount unit for 12 cell NIMH or LIPO . I will have to modify the center section to accept a battery /radio box. Has anyone converted this hull for brushless power? Should i be adding 2oz's of lead to each sponson tip at the bow as per nitro version on plan's ? What should my transom inset be for the REK lower and Dubro mount ? Regards Andris Golts.

Hi Andris-

I built a WOF 28-30 to run brushless, but haven't attempted to oval race it. It's been set up for SAW's with modified sponsons and has a radio box the full length of the center section and the width of the cowl. Earlier this month it ran 64.5 mph (one way) at the NAMBA SAW's with a Neu 1512 1.5D on a TP 4S1P Lipo with an M440 prop. Transom inset is per the plans and the lead was added to bring the CG to 10" forward of the aftedge of the sponson. The hull seems to handle well and I don't see why it couldn't be converted into a good electric sprint boat.

Tunnel81.jpg

Tunnel71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back