what is everyone workin on?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New eagle 2014

Powere by .45 CMB MAC DRUM

smaller Mac head.MODIFIED by Andy Brown

got any pics of the lathe terry? when you gonna come race again in the midwest?
Looks like this:

uni610.jpg

11" x 26", had to go to Milwaukee to get it.

Gonna get to Hobart one of these years!
default_smile.png

Rick,

I thought about it very hard when I heard you were going to let the electric scales run but that puts me gone for 2 weekends in a row and then a full week at the PA record trials. Mary won't go for that.

Timing is everything nowadays. I have been pushing the scale electric class in our District for 2015 and it looks like we can make it work but I need to be there to fill the class and our first District race is the weekend after the Spring Nats.

John

got any pics of the lathe terry? when you gonna come race again in the midwest?
Looks like this:

uni610.jpg

11" x 26", had to go to Milwaukee to get it.

Gonna get to Hobart one of these years!
default_smile.png
TerryA guy donated one almost identical to yours to the museum I work at. I should have it up and running on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

after looking out yesterday ,wether was coold ,no luck going boating i was thinking about SAW rules .

Do the rules say anything about water tempertur ? Now here water is solid and a boat will slide on the surface , not new as high speed boat do this . But a propeller ,scewtype , is not best for solide water ,so wy not propell the water by a paddelwheel ,this is ok for the rules and i found a small paddlewheel in my toolbox ,ok lookes moore like a round saw blade but it is not . It propells the solide water particles with very good efficancy. Ading a new magnet power to paddlewheel drive train and ready is the new saw boat.

Have fun and lot of insprirating input for the new 2015 year.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very Nice Christian....

Come on Woods.... no such thing as top secret.... I wanna be inspired .... lets see the new boats

lol nope not yet cheese. tub is 1/2 way done.

then on to sponsons.. lol they are crazy looking lol!

Hi ,

after looking out yesterday ,wether was coold ,no luck going boating i was thinking about SAW rules .

Do the rules say anything about water tempertur ? Now here water is solid and a boat will slide on the surface , not new as high speed boat do this . But a propeller ,scewtype , is not best for solide water ,so wy not propell the water by a paddelwheel ,this is ok for the rules and i found a small paddlewheel in my toolbox ,ok lookes moore like a round saw blade but it is not . It propells the solide water particles with very good efficancy. Ading a new magnet power to paddlewheel drive train and ready is the new saw boat.

Have fun and lot of insprirating input for the new 2015 year.
Now that is different!
maybe cristian had full scale inspiration.....LOL!attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 72
Hi moparbarn ,

thanks for this picture .Do they use it to drive ? i had a british modellboat book from Vic Smeed .He show a Speedboat that had a high speed paddlewheel .would like to show the pic of the boat but do not find the book ,maybe i lend it and didn't know whow has it .

It was a thin flywheel with two small paddle plates soldered on . Direct driven by a 0,15 ic motor it reach good efficancy ,Vic Smeed wrote. Paddlewheel have no propwalk . Have build a LEGO version of a paddlewheel that stear the paddle to be allways in parallel set in an out of the water and it can change the angle the paddle hit the water during operation . With spon you can empty your soup in seconds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I posted this earlier. My new 12 hydro. Vac bagged carbon tub. Still need to get it finished. Been sitting the last month with all the holiday stuff going on.

Mike

12hydro.jpg

Im a late builder... Starting on a Phil Thomas Sport 20 Roundnose Hydro... for the 2015 Internats!!!

Hi moparbarn ,

thanks for this picture .Do they use it to drive ? i had a british modellboat book from Vic Smeed .He show a Speedboat that had a high speed paddlewheel .would like to show the pic of the boat but do not find the book ,maybe i lend it and didn't know whow has it .

It was a thin flywheel with two small paddle plates soldered on . Direct driven by a 0,15 ic motor it reach good efficancy ,Vic Smeed wrote. Paddlewheel have no propwalk . Have build a LEGO version of a paddlewheel that stear the paddle to be allways in parallel set in an out of the water and it can change the angle the paddle hit the water during operation . With spon you can empty your soup in seconds.
yes christian, that is an actual functioning "shadetree" ice boat. an aluminum jon boat with some angle iron runners on the bottom & chines, an old engine, a saw blade, some more angle & tubing for a belt drive/mount & then it's "hold my beer & watch this"!! google coonass mud boat & a thread on it will come up on screamandfly.

Back