VooDoo Model Boaters Present the 4th Annual World Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos, I challenge & invite all of the Nitro Guys to COME ON DOWN to the VOODOO Race to GET IT ON!!!!!!!! I will be there a few days early to help Anton get some driving time on the Nitro Twin!! Floridas David Schowers and Stan Simpson Jr are Normally there. Maybe we can drag a few guys from Texas too?? You have several Nitro and Gas boaters that are in Knoxville TN area. These guys like to Travel and Have a GOOD TIME!!!!!! Looking forward to some Good Food and a Good Time!! Mid March is a Great time to have a Early Spring Race. Normally your area is in the mid 70s Mid March. The Next club that host the Internats that include GAS @ NITRO will have a SELL OUT CROWD. We seen 425 plus Boats at Riverview and there could have been more if the club could have handled a larger race
Joe,The challenge has been thrown out there. I am really glad we are getting some interest from our Nitro brothers as I think you guys will really enjoy yourselves. Knoxville boys need to come on and have a good time. We have a good group of guys in this club that put a lot of effort in to make sure everyone has a good time. You mentioned David Schowers and Stan Simpson Jr and they have contacted me and have committed to coming and said that they had such a good time last year that they plan on bringing a bunch of racers with them this year.

We normally have The Mike Cantavespri Memorial race in March that we could easily turn into a Nitro and Gas race if that is what you guys would like. We could cut the Gas classes down to one class per style of hull (Instead of G1, G2 and Open) and I think that would help free up enough time to be able to combine both Nitro and Gas classes and still have enough time to at least get four rounds and the shootout round in. We will have a lot to talk about with you guys in November. Things like what classes to offer, what format (Shootout), three day race or two day race etc.. We are very thorough about these races and would want to make sure we make it as competitor friendly as we can to everyone.

Ok....................THE" Boss" Will want some of this trip.....How far from Bourbon St......????
BigChuck,It is actually about 35 minutes from the pond itself. It is a straight shot on I-10 which is a couple miles from the pond. If you guys do decide to go into New Orleans let me know and I have some of the best restaurants in the country for you guys to check out. I am also working on some discount papers to give out to those who want to go.

Doc and Mark say they will ride down on Saturday to do some TWIN NITRO Racing!!!!!
Joe,That is great news man the more the better. This is already shaping up to be a serious shootout.

stock mono can muffler oe what ???
Buddy,The Club has voted and we are going to keep it can style mufflers. Hope to see you this year man, I will be able to feed you this time. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping to be there to thrash in the Sport Hydro , Cat , Mono , and Twin Nitro Rigger classes . If i make the drive , I'm going deep !!

Got lots of Gas homework to do but this sounds like the party to be at ! Update in a bit !

Twins are looking very strong we need (Mr Roadrunner) to come to the race and the Team Roadrunner is complete again

i think Aric is in Tampa that week for thanksgiving get together. By then Ralph will be a paw paw

Guys,

Is there another popular Nitro class or maybe two that you would like to see at this race in November? I am going to talk to the guys in the club this weekend and discuss if maybe we can squeeze a couple more classes in so that you guys could do a little more racing with us other then just Nitro Twin and Open. Let me know what you guys think and try to let me know before Sunday as that is the day of our meeting and I can discuss it with the club members.

Thanks

Guys,

Is there another popular Nitro class or maybe two that you would like to see at this race in November? I am going to talk to the guys in the club this weekend and discuss if maybe we can squeeze a couple more classes in so that you guys could do a little more racing with us other then just Nitro Twin and Open. Let me know what you guys think and try to let me know before Sunday as that is the day of our meeting and I can discuss it with the club members.

Thanks
Carlo,

I would have to say that "D" then "E" hydro would be your next two largest classes.

" They both.....ROCK-IT"

Have you had many nitro entries for the Open Mono class? I am seriously thinking of coming down with my F Mono and could also enter a 20 hydro if there's enough interest. My wife and I are really looking forward to coming to New Orleans again - we were last there when the IMPBA Internats were in Slidell.

That was a loooooong time ago. LOL

Olly

Guys,

Thanks
Yes...an Open Nitro Mono/Open Rigger,see what that brings. Like Elias said E is very strong..

Guys,

Thanks
Yes...an Open Nitro Mono/Open Rigger,see what that brings. Like Elias said E is very strong..
Yes .67 / E Hydro is a fast strong class with good action !

Open Hydro and Open Mono Classses . And also we have been seeing a ADDED UNLIMITED CLASS NITRO / GAS Together in Indiana that allows boaters to crossover and race with other People & Boaters that they dont normally race with. it has been a Lot of Fun!!

Guys,

Let me know what you think about this, along with Nitro Twin we will have Open Nitro Mono and Open Nitro Hydro?

The Pond is a large 4 acre pond and we have a tremendous amount of parking and pit area. Along with the water front Pit area and parking we have 3 huge fields with 2 small walkway bridges that are directly behind the driver stand for parking and pit area.

Driver Stand

33yqd7l.jpg

Driver Stand during Race

20ku53s.jpg

Rear of Driver Stand during race

11iobjq.jpg

Pit area along water

w8b784.jpg

Across the pond during race

211wk7t.jpg

Rear Pit Area

k1xwjp.jpg

rwup3a.jpg

Bouy pics

r754ly.jpg

2u4pxz5.jpg

would like to see pictures of the site(parking) and lake
Brett,all I can say is a FIRST CLASS site...next to a small airfield. Last year me and the Showers ran all night long,every night,then all day. They make you feel like family. You wont be disappointed. Haa nice pics. but I have too say they do not give the site Justice...better in person. You forgot the party tent.... :)

would like to see pictures of the site(parking) and lake
Brett,all I can say is a FIRST CLASS site...next to a small airfield. Last year me and the Showers ran all night long,every night,then all day. They make you feel like family. You wont be disappointed. Haa nice pics. but I have too say they do not give the site Justice...better in person. You forgot the party tent.... :)
Stan,Thanks for the kind words man. I cant find any pictures of the big blue Pavillion (Party Tent).

Here is some more pics of the rear pit areas. These fields are directly behind the driver stand and have bridges that cross the little ditches. You are never very far from the main pit area no matter where you park or pit.

1zd91g6.jpg

2wqyjjn.jpg

carlo, sounds like we are haveing some heavy hitter coming in november, i think most are 101 twin runners, i see you want to add open nitro mono and open nitro hydro , i would say open nitro mono and f- hydro and let the 101's run by them selves. then in march , we offer all nitro classes , and that way these heavy hitters will speard the news of how great the pond site is .

AND THEN WE CAN GET READY TO RUMBLE IN THE BAYOU .

Back