Twin set up chew on this..............

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you would rather talk **** than answer are real question, no wonder people get put off this site!!!!
Example If I have a prop thats 67.89 my inside one would be around 67.25. Does not lookLike much but it helps. But I did most of that when I was running 80 Twins but with my current setup I put everything the same props, pipes, struts just making sure everything is the same. Another way is also to richen your inside motor more than the outside one.

Last edited by a moderator:
so you would rather talk **** than answer are real question, no wonder people get put off this site!!!!
Example If I have a prop thats 67.89 my inside one would be around 67.25. Does not lookLike much but it helps. But I did most of that when I was running 80 Twins but with my current setup I put everything the same props, pipes, struts just making sure everything is the same. Another way is also to richen your inside motor more than the outside one.
thank you very much for the info julian

I have run Barr cut with a twin but only with COCR props an still yet to tear a blade touch wood ,the improvement for me was higher speed from being able to add more pitch cup and better throttle response but that was barr cutting both props ,I have run smaller diameter on inside engine but no difference in speed only thing was that the inside engine I was able to run slightly leaner basically,matched the other engine on flow , I have never tried a barr cut only on the inside as i don"t see the point when a smaller diameter didn't improve my speed over all ,when the boat is turning hard the outside prop in race water is not always in the water so lowering the outside strut wont work as in the straights as it drives the right sponson in making it veer right , I had a little more success putting more neg into the inside strut to hold the ass up an a attempt to keep the outside prop more hooked up but only a 1/2 a degree more than the outside strut an to help it track straighter. Hope this helps your gum problem David
default_biggrin.png
Jamie heres something to try ,Cheers Ace
default_cool.png

See how easy it is to give a informative response with out all the drama or a BS Ann Landers response. ......................

See Don no pop corn needed......................LOL

Even better I did not tell some one to go F them self....................
default_biggrin.png

See how easy it is to give a informative response with out all the drama or a BS Ann Landers response. ......................

See Don no pop corn needed......................LOL

Even better I did not tell some one to go F them self....................
default_biggrin.png
Ann Landers response. Now THAT was funny.
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
:lol:

I have run Barr cut with a twin but only with COCR props an still yet to tear a blade touch wood ,the improvement for me was higher speed from being able to add more pitch cup and better throttle response but that was barr cutting both props ,I have run smaller diameter on inside engine but no difference in speed only thing was that the inside engine I was able to run slightly leaner basically,matched the other engine on flow , I have never tried a barr cut only on the inside as i don"t see the point when a smaller diameter didn't improve my speed over all ,when the boat is turning hard the outside prop in race water is not always in the water so lowering the outside strut wont work as in the straights as it drives the right sponson in making it veer right , I had a little more success putting more neg into the inside strut to hold the ass up an a attempt to keep the outside prop more hooked up but only a 1/2 a degree more than the outside strut an to help it track straighter. Hope this helps your gum problem David
default_biggrin.png
Jamie heres something to try ,Cheers Ace
default_cool.png
thanks very much Brett, very helpful. I will try these things and see if it helps.

Well I see MR. Foley did not comment. We have ran less pitch on the inside prop, Less diameter on the inside prop & some Raised the strut .060. on the inside engine. The thought process is the engine on the inside is turning the tighter radius & is under more load. However the 2 engines are not hooked together so they are independent. I firmly believe the inside engine brings the Boat out of the corner & up to speed & the outside is riding along for the straights. as for the props and testing. Anything is possible. I currently have a ALIEN TWIN HYDRO

Well I see MR. Foley did not comment. We have ran less pitch on the inside prop, Less diameter on the inside prop & some Raised the strut .060. on the inside engine. The thought process is the engine on the inside is turning the tighter radius & is under more load. However the 2 engines are not hooked together so they are independent. I firmly believe the inside engine brings the Boat out of the corner & up to speed & the outside is riding along for the straights. as for the props and testing. Anything is possible. I currently have a ALIEN TWIN HYDRO
Better Alien twin rigger than roadrunners twin ???? Lol

Better Alien twin rigger than roadrunners twin ???? Lol
No Sir . But its Better than a SGX.....
default_blink.png
default_wacko.png
default_huh.png
default_ohmy.png
default_blink.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

thanks for your input joe, how does the boat track in the straights with different work on the props?

thanks for your input joe, how does the boat track in the straights with different work on the props?
Depends on how tight the water is. If the water has a lot of mud or sediment in it it will be tight water. then we will depitch the prop on the inside. You are looking for max straight speed & still be able to get out of the corner hard. it takes a little tweaking. If the water is clean & loose Put your big props on & let it EAT!!!!!!!

I just ran my twin with 2817's and the inside prop was smaller than the outside and had no issues with it tracking straight. and it also helps the boat turn very well on the corners

I just ran my twin with 2817's and the inside prop was smaller than the outside and had no issues with it tracking straight. and it also helps the boat turn very well on the corners
how much smaller did you make it.

how much smaller did you make it.
About .37 smaller than the outside

My head hurts! I have minimal testing on my SGX, couple of testing runs this past weekend, motors are syncd pretty good, good news is my replacement boom tubes held up. I dont think my engines are ready to spool up to their potential just yet. I did lean things down in and got some reasonable overall speed but found that it now torques to the inside some, not an unmanageable amount but more than I want. Im still working with my 1667s, when the engines come to me I will mess with the 2717 and 2719s that Mark made up for me. So many opinions on what works and doesnt work to counter act torquing, can any one narrow the options down a tad?

Do the life changing props torque more, less, equally, or is it all still a crap shoot as to what will or will not work?

My head hurts! I have minimal testing on my SGX, couple of testing runs this past weekend, motors are syncd pretty good, good news is my replacement boom tubes held up. I dont think my engines are ready to spool up to their potential just yet. I did lean things down in and got some reasonable overall speed but found that it now torques to the inside some, not an unmanageable amount but more than I want. Im still working with my 1667s, when the engines come to me I will mess with the 2717 and 2719s that Mark made up for me. So many opinions on what works and doesnt work to counter act torquing, can any one narrow the options down a tad?

Do the life changing props torque more, less, equally, or is it all still a crap shoot as to what will or will not work?
I break my engine in with the props Im going to race with. Like in my case 2817 and 2819 fro break in and those will more than likely be my props for heat racing. If your twin is going to the right its a boat setup issue. Or add left rudder on your remote. Its not a engine or prop issue its a boat issue

Back