Throttle dual rate

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Schindler

I am using a Futaba 4pks-r.

What I want to do is adjust the throttle EPA with a knob while running.

Can it be done?

Yes... I can't tell you exactly how but it can be done. I have done it with my 4pl so you have to be able to do it on that unit!!! Basically have to select what nob you want to use and set it to throttle epa and then adjust...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I still can't find it.

I can assign a knob to ATL which changes the amount of travel on the brake side of the trigger. That's almost exactly what I'm looking for but I want it on the Throttle side. Since I'm controlling an ESC that won't work
default_sad.png

Other throttle parameters I can assign but aren't helpful:

EXP-TH and ACC-F which are throttle curve parameters

THSP1, THSP2, THSP3 all are throttle speed settings

TH-TR and SUBT2 for trims

Off topic, I found an awesome way to use the idle up setup that I'd like to share

Jeff,

Since this is an ESC and not a servo, is it just the fact the ESC won't arm for you? If that is the case, you might want to reset the ESC range. On most ESC's the Futaba range is actually reversed (common on Boat, Car, and Airplane ESC's), then also the way to set the range is to hold full throttle when you plug in the battery, then wait for a few beeps for initialization and then release the throttle and wait for a few more beeps. Once that is done, it should save your throttle range and remember it for you.

Not sure if this is what is happening, but good luck,

Curtis

Jeff, I talked to our Futaba tech today after reading your post. We are unable to figure out a way to do this, but he said if you give him a call next week he would step through it again with you and see if we missed something.

Jack

I lied:( I can set a hundred other things though...

I can however set throttle speed which is or acts as traction control in away. It delays the power so it is not instant? I remember toying with this in my truggy.

What speedo are you using in your car? I know all the ones I currently use,( Orion, LRP, Tekin, and Novak have current limiter settings in the software to compensate for the exact situation you are describing...traction control. They limit the current at part throttle settings to control wheel spin and don't effect the power available at full throttle. Slipper adjustment in 10th scale buggies and trucks can help reduce the problem also.

Back