Futaba 7px dl1 setup for remote needle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Traufler

Supporting Member
I am looking at using a 7PX DL1 knob to adjust the remote needle, I do not see an option to do this. I KNOW folks are doing this, so care to share the secret to doing this?
Thx,
Paul

Paul,

Go to your settings for dials and assign DL1 to the channel you are using for remote needle. It even has a setting for how much travel a click or increment of rotation equals so you can really fine tune your usable travel to have slight change or more aggressive change at each click or part of a rotation.

Trim/Dial select
Step amount
Servo reverse

The full channel control for channel 3-7 is the third choice down in table of functions. Use channel 3 or 4

Page 66

https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/7PX.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Daniel, that part I did not understand was the "The full channel control for channel 3-7 is the third choice down in table of functions. Use channel 3 or 4" I did not think the Throttle Trim was the option to use... was looking for some general kind of function.
Paul

Thanks Daniel, that part I did not understand was the "The full channel control for channel 3-7 is the third choice down in table of functions. Use channel 3 or 4" I did not think the Throttle Trim was the option to use... was looking for some general kind of function.
Paul
Yea you wouldn't want it set to throttle trim unless you wanted it to control the low end trim on channel 2 throttle channel.

If your in channel 3 with your mixture servo set DT1 to channel 3 control,> then set for/rev > then set steps. Then you have the rest of your end point settings for channel 3 in regular EPA menu

Latest posts

Back