THOR - FLAT BUILD / CORELOCK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having tried and raced against many other hull types, I, and i think many others, was surprised at just how much better an FE Lynx really is. It will be interesting to see how the THOR compairs.
I'm sure the Lynx is a great FE hull, as you know your stuff. However the ML Boatworks PS300 ( $150 kit with cowl, not gone as one said ) won the Wold Tunnel Champs for P Spec. Just stating the facts. Only time will tell with this Thor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of people selling stuff, sight UN seen....hope it all works out for the people buying them. Can't wait to race then! BRING IT ON!!

Going to be a great year ahead!

So who in Aus is getting one??

However the ML Boatworks PS300 ( $150 kit with cowl, not gone as one said ) won the Wold Tunnel Champs for P Spec. Just stating the facts.
Those are great hulls. I have a couple of Mike's sport kits.

Just for the record, what were the winning heat racing times at that event?

Can I have her recipe Todd
default_smile.png

Darin, what is your record in a race or what ever? would mind comparing/converting to over here also
default_smile.png

But you obviously had the Lynx howling with a Spec setup up around 65MPH!!! (At SAW of course)

Kris... no one really cares who I am
default_smile.png
... so for now why don't we use Kelly Groul's 2013 Nitro/Gas Nats heat time.... 1:33.xx

Now, that was his first time ever driving the boat, so I'm sure there was more there for him. Since he had already lapped the field, he really had no reason to push harder.

I built a Vision for Ken Haines that testing showed some possibility. I never really had a chance to time it, but it ran pretty similarly. Ken told me he's run around 1:38.xx or so with it, so I think there is more there too.

Mine seems REALLY dialed in. The other FE Lynx's in our club, which I've been helping along, run around 1:35-1:37...

The first 6-lap racing record I set last season was faster than those I just mentioned, and the second breaking, and currently standing record is about 3 seconds faster than that... :^)

Oh... by the way Kris... I have a KILLER recipe for Germany hot cakes that are always a hit. I'll email it to you.
default_smile.png

O man.. I KNOW Carl never bargained for this.. BUT.. chat is chat and as long as people are talking..... or pissing and moaning.. calling out "champions this" and "record holders that"...He WILL sell boats...lol

I for one wish Carl continued support and super sales with is new boat..WE NEED MORE BOATS TO SELL MORE MOTORS and that's the bottom line. The boats stop and the motor would soon follow.

SELL THEM BAD BOYS CARL!

Grim

Dave,

With 60 on his list already, obviously the naysayers are the minority. As you know very well, run one or chase one!!!!....
default_smile.png

Anyone that can build a brand new prototype hull and go from the build, to the SAWS, and 6 runs later (thanks Kentley),and on the only good day of weather, come within 1/10 sec of the World Record, you learn not to second guess Carl.

Mike, I'm sure he didn't want this, as no one would.

Darin, I don't know about any heat winning times, just stated another fact.

Carl, I do apologize as your thread is now of subject. I truly hope everything goes well for you. Variety is a great thing for any hobby.

Now back to our regular scheduled program...

Dave,

With 60 on his list already, obviously the naysayers are the minority. As you know very well, run one or chase one!!!!....
default_smile.png

Anyone that can build a brand new prototype hull and go from the build, to the SAWS, and 6 runs later (thanks Kentley),and on the only good day of weather, come within 1/10 sec of the World Record, you learn not to second guess Carl.
Not all of us saw. How about rough race water like it is 95% of the time.

Tim and others... just so you understand... my aim in racing, and part of the reason I sometimes futilely attempt to race oddball boats, is to try to show others what can be done. I don't care for "one boat can win" classes. I think it's way more fun to have several options. $100 or $300... doesn't matter. Choices that work is what matters.

Can't wait for these many and growing options come together and race. That's what this is all about.

Carl is providing another option. It's all good! Rivalries stimulate competition.

Dave,

default_smile.png

Not all of us saw. How about rough race water like it is 95% of the time.
Tim,

That was a statement. Doesn't really matter if you SAW or not. Point is, Carl's boats, no matter what class or event, SAWS or race setup, are always top performers. Darin is right, all of this is relative. You made your decision to skip your spot in line and I can bet it was filled soon after you made your post. Good luck in 2014.

Tim and others... just so you understand... my aim in racing, and part of the reason I sometimes futilely attempt to race oddball boats, is to try to show others what can be done. I don't care for "one boat can win" classes. I think it's way more fun to have several options. $100 or $300... doesn't matter. Choices that work is what matters.

Can't wait for these many and growing options come together and race. That's what this is all about.

Carl is providing another option. It's all good! Rivalries stimulate competition.
I couldn't agree more. The very same reason why I concentrated on a Cobra one year and won my State Champ race with it.

luck of the draw

1 must first finish to be first

I for one just love a wood boat that one has to put together to compete

let alone the motor, driver ,wind , an just DAM good luck

real boats are made of wood
default_blink.png

AMEN Darin
default_rolleyes.gif
hot cakes count me in

build it your self then you can BS the rest

Marty

Dan send him a email with name number and address he will add u to the list

Hey Mike,

Yes but I am on my 4th Laser company as of yesterday. I have not had any issues with fit or anything like that but I have had problems with smoked up parts. I recruited a new guy yesterday and he assured me that smoke would not be a problem with his parts. I just don't have time to deal with issues like that. It is frustrating to say the least. I feel good about my new supplier. He is a very sharp guy.

-Carl

Carl sent me a new 3.5 Thor boat to build to see how I like the boat and the fit on all the parts.All the pieces fit like a glove all tight joints and not a lot of sanding.I built mine for the 3.5 nitro.If you go by the booklet with the kit you shouldn't have any problems building this kit.Carl did a great job on this kit.

Dave Roach

Back