The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried the 2167/3s 93mph and lost a bearing on the outside tried motor on the next fuel up pulled them like they were nothing really smooth thanks Mark didn't get to try the other props yet .

2014-09-07 18.13.18.png

Last edited by a moderator:
mr siler ,i would check them props for flattening ,that was hopping badly ,take that hop out and that boat would hook up better ,in race water that would be terrible ,and get on lane one for testing,if you race out there you history no matter how fast your boat goes !!!! my 2cents Cheers Ace
default_smile.png

mr siler ,i would check them props for flattening ,that was hopping badly ,take that hop out and that boat would hook up better ,in race water that would be terrible ,and get on lane one for testing,if you race out there you history no matter how fast your boat goes !!!! my 2cents Cheers Ace
default_smile.png
ace please add your full name to your signature as required by I/W rules. thanks!

Charles or Mark,

On the photo that shows the props, have a question on the notes for the pitch. For example on the 2167/3 prop it says 5.29 (T.E.) and 5.51 (C.O.B.).

- Does T.E. stand for trailing Edge?

- For the C.O.B. - does that stand for center of blade?

Reason for asking is that if I am understanding this correctly, the pitch is less at the trailing edge vs the center of blade. Never seen that before and curious. Only seen it the other way around with the trailing edge more or equal to the center of the blade pitch.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike,

That is correct.

With a 93 MPH twin you could race in any lane you would like.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

The props need some work as you are losing a lot of drive even in good water by yourself! It would be even worst in race conditions with others boats!

Looking good, keep working on it

Regards Aaron

Boat is getting there. The hop would make it impossible to run lane 1. And would nvr carry the speed. Motors have good RPMs. The struts/ props need work.

The backdrop is AMAZING!!

That pond is Norman Rockwell-esque. Awesome!

Transom needs more bite for sure.

Tough crowd Eh?
default_wink.png

Thanks guy's if the bearings in the motor would have kept up with me I would have had time to change the struts and worked out the hop. I've got both motors freshen up and hopefully see it pulling 100+ next time out.

Looks great to me!

I have probably asked this before, but how do these motors compare to the latest and greatest CMB engines, like the .91 VAC? Thanks.

Looks great to me!

I have probably asked this before, but how do these motors compare to the latest and greatest CMB engines, like the .91 VAC? Thanks.
I built those engines for Charlie 2 years ago and they have been turning on very good for two seasons of hard running...and going pretty quick too! Big block OPS 90 is a very good option.

Looks great to me!

Not to sure but I'm about to find out at fall nats sure going to give them a run for there money.

Good Luck Charles. Remember,, just survival is a win win!. Stunning landscape,,even if the bugs pack you off at times.

Modded CMB 91HR's would be quicker you think? The one I seen sure hauled the mail upriver. Single 91.

Good luck Again.

Look up/down speed ( Fair) better put back old A/A 84 pipes ( smooth fast) than CNC billet pipes before go to Fall Nats Good Luck!
default_wink.png

Back