tank size

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

What is the minimum size tank do you guys use for heat racing with a 21 size cmb ?? Trying to set up a ssp 21 during the off season ...

Depending on available space and several other factors, I've seen and heard most using either 6 or 8 ounce tanks. I'd go with the larger tank just to play it safe if you plan on racing until you have everything dialled in the way you want and have proven you only need a 6 ounce tank to finish your heats

Use 6 to 8 oz for .21 rigger

Use 8 to 12 oz for .21 momo

Use 8 to 10 oz for Sport 20

Happy New year cheers Allan

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to use the 8oz tank, but space is very limited .... The 8oz tank is rubbing against the carb .... I was thinking of using 6oz main and a 1oz hopper ...

I would like to use the 8oz tank, but space is very limited .... The 8oz tank is rubbing against the carb .... I was thinking of using 6oz main and a 1oz hopper ...
Where are you putting the tank and what motor is it?

I used a 6 oz and a 1oz hopper ok with a novi rossi and the front radio box.

The fuel tanks would be set up in the front of the boat as the electronics are behind ... the motor is a cmb rs7 .... An 8oz tank would not fit as the cowl would not close and the tank rubbing on the carb ...

The fuel tanks would be set up in the front of the boat as the electronics are behind ... the motor is a cmb rs7 .... An 8oz tank would not fit as the cowl would not close and the tank rubbing on the carb ...
Make a metal tank, or get a front box. The rs7 has the carb in the front and the header over the flywheel?

Yes it does Phil ... I was hoping to fit the 6oz in the front of the motor so it would clear the carb ... and then have a 1oz off to the right side ....

Yes it does Phil ... I was hoping to fit the 6oz in the front of the motor so it would clear the carb ... and then have a 1oz off to the right side ....
Wonder how a couple 4 oz tanks fit up front? You have one of the rear box I made or is it scratch built?

Only did a couple of rear box cause it had too much tail weight.

Depends on where you placed the motor, maybe move it back some.

I did get a dubro tank to fit ok not sure what the size was.

The boat came with a radio box from you .... And youre pic is exactly how mine looks like when the 8oz tank is used .... I will try using a 6oz main and the 1oz hopper ... next question is can I use 2 - 1oz hopper tanks ?? Would I have enough pressure ??

The boat came with a radio box from you .... And youre pic is exactly how mine looks like when the 8oz tank is used .... I will try using a 6oz main and the 1oz hopper ... next question is can I use 2 - 1oz hopper tanks ?? Would I have enough pressure ??
Pressure would be ok. There is a 2 oz tank if you need two oz more.

Pressure would be ok. There is a 2 oz tank if you need two oz more.

Thanx Phil ..... I will try different setups and see which one will work the best for CG of the boat ...

I have a 8 oz slimline from Hynes and a 2 oz hopper. Hynes also makes a 6 oz slimline. These tanks are great especially for the stealth cowls!

I have a 8 oz slimline from Hynes and a 2 oz hopper. Hynes also makes a 6 oz slimline. These tanks are great especially for the stealth cowls!

Thanx .... I will look into that .... Would you have a pic to see how the tank fits ??

Back