Sport 45 prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray take your logged rpm/1057 x pitch and that should get you close. Sorry I dont know who hates your paint scheme but some people dont have any taste. That ss45 is fresh and it leaves an impression.Youll know it if you see it again.If you run video post please :)

Last edited:
Yeah your calculation puts me in the 60's. I like my boats and really dont care what other's think of them. Most of the time I put a lot of time and effort into them. I will try to get some video of the hull this weekend.

Ray how are you keeping things dry in the ss45 with the strut through the bottom?

Hugh

Youre trying the cleaver type abc? . Try 8s with an X450 for plays sake.

Last edited:
I am not sure I want to try 8s with the Castle Ice 200 controller, probably let out the magic smoke on me.

Im trying to locate my logs for the h18 when i find them I will post them.Any videos yet?

Hugh

Nope, no new props to try yet. I just started a new job and have been focusing on that. I also ripped part of the transom out of my sport 20 Whiplash last weekend so I had to fix that. I did change the turn fin on my SS45 and picked up some speed but the boat is def not as stable in the turns now. I may have to adjust the strut some to get it back to where it was with the larger turn fin.

Hugh I see that you are building some Jae Rigger's. I would like to build a Twin 45 Jae over the winter and possibly run it on 6s2p. Does anyone cut the kits or are there plans available for FE?

Plans are available. I have them as well. David Hall was generous enough to provide me with them but they can always be found at Niklas's blog spot. Kevin Visconti can cut a very nice kit for you. I scratchbuilt mine :D just a old table saw, scrolling jig saw table, and the jig. When I can get my xyz cnc router figured out Id like to pump out some solid sponsons and try some different materials maybe balsa or the g-10 stuff. When you visit Nicklas page check out his new T2 keps. Hes also developed a nice AOA setup jig and chart - perfect for dummies like me that know zero about setting those up correctly. Just a word of advice if youre going to do the Jae 45 for speed do a single . Too many gurus have told me a single is better for saw or all out speed. I have considered tearing mine down to make it one but couldnt bring myself to do it. If it were me id use the twin 45 tub design and make it as narrow as the motor and equipment would allow.Id put the motor as far back as I could withouth making the bend too sharp then id lay the batteries out end to end versus side by side if I could and keep the cg right and id try both style sponsons new and old both and maybe with the h-style amendment. JMO if I was doing it all over again. Since I left the nitro motor provisions in mine when I get to the end I can just finish it pull the fe stuff out and sell in as a twin nitro ready jae 45. It was built to plan and David Hall even provided me the nitro motor mount plans. Super nice guy!!!!!

This is a video I posted with a guy running a JAE twin thats fast as "hello" with 1800kv castles and 457's cut down to 52 mm. Still trying to find out who he is but no cigar. Thought it was Finch but no cigar.Just a 90 mph twin JAE radical too with skis on the outside and an exposed fully drive shafts and struts not covered like the typical jae. Whomever it is knows what they are doing no way they made those mods without some knowledge of boats -Look at the struts at the beginning of the video.Who is this man? maybe overseas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWa2fwHaCs&feature=channel&list=UL

from the sounds of it looks like fast riggers bring you girls :wub: . She sounds more excited than my girl when I hand her cash :blink: .I thought nothing conquered cash. WOW! If you do the short math theres over 1000 dollars in this JAE

Last edited:
Hugh,

Wish there was a tad over a $1000 in my twin, I'd have more $ to build another.

Has yours hit the water yet?

Mine is getting some mods done. I'm thinking of running the 2 6s packs as 6s/2p where both motors draw from the main pack compared to each motor having it's own 6s pack.

I get a 3-4% difference in amp / capacity draw on inside motor.

Dave

My plan this winter is to build a 45 twin but with only one motor, maybe a 1527 1.5D motor on 6s2p. I am guessing that the wider tub on the twin will have enough room for two 6s4000mah cells side by side? The other option is have a single 45 built a little wider so both the packs will still fit, that way the tub doesn't have to look so wide. Should the boom tubes be set wider on the hull so that the cells cn sit in between them?

Back