Sport 45 prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

I am currently running a X452 on my Phil Thomas SS45 hull and its running right around 60mph using a Neu 1527 1Y motor (1250kv) on 6s2p 4200mah 35c cells. On my Sport 21 hull I am running a Octura 1445 that has been detongued and backcut and it is the best prop I have tried so far. I am thinking about trying a cut down 1455 prop with a little cup on my 45 and just wondered if anyone has tried one on the 45 hull?

I tried a full-diameter 1455 detongued and it was too much for that motor in my Aeromarine Shadow. An ABC1914 worked much better, with speeds around 70.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay was the ABC pretty much stock? If I was going to try the 1455 I would be cutting it down to 50mm to try.

Ive turned a h-18 with no issue on a 1717 castle in that boat Ray with a 200 hv ice v2, Im not at all scared to try a 455 cant speak on the 14 series Im just wondering why?

Hugh

Hugh, I have a X455 that I was going to try out but with the X452 I am already pulling in the 180 amp range and I dont want to push my luck.

PT45X452Prop.jpg

Isnt your esc a 240? Ive sub launched and surged 380 amps through mine according to the logger. Its still standing. You can pull more than 180 through her.

Last edited:
I am using a Ice 200 controller with homemade water cooling. Never had much luck with the Hydra versions and have been running the regular ICE for the last few seasons.

What I am really looking for is the most efficient setup, I dont race so good speed and some run time is what I am after. So far I have tried a X447, X448, X 447/3, X450, and a X452. If I can find a prop that runs as fast as the X452 but is a little more efficient that would be great. I may have to try a couple of the ABC props and see how they work on the hull.

The h-18 has too much lift for the hull from my experience .For some reasons 455 have hubs longer than almost any prop in the octura line so i haven tried the JB texas cut 455 on the boat yet. Ill buy a whole new flex just to run that prop :rolleyes: .I do know some are running 455's on heaver larger 40 boats and the higher kv 1527 d wind neus so id think the lower kv wye wind could handle it.

Last edited:
Yeah now that you say that I would have to do the same. My nut holding my X452 is already at the end of the stub. I wonder if Jay can measure the hub lenght on the ABS props for me?

The abc will likely be okay the 455 hub is longer than a 457 its crazy. All of them are like that.

Last edited:
I am going to try a couple of the ABC props out. Going to order the 1914 that Jay suggested and maybe the next size up too.

Well good luck I hope you give the detounged x455 too a swing if its a castle esc .

Yeah I have one all ready to try this weekend. I actually ran this on my 6s Sprintcat and it was very fast. Amp draw was a bit more but not real bad.

SprintcatX455.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you logging your rpm? you can get an approximation of how fast youre running with that. 36 inch sprint cat? What motor you got in there?

love the graphics on you PT45 too really cool! and original.

Last edited:
Are you logging your rpm? you can get an approximation of how fast youre running with that. 36 inch sprint cat? What motor you got in there?

I have the same motor and cells in both hulls, Neu 1527 1Y on 6s2P 4200 35c hyperion cells. I didn't get to GPS the sprint with the 455 because it was too windy the last time I tried it but I did GPS it with a X452 at around 59mph. I am logging RPM also.

love the graphics on you PT45 too really cool! and original.

Thanks, some love it and other's hate it ;)
Im still thinking about that finlay atlas i think you had posted some years back that was a fast 7 cell boat.

I dont think that was me, I never owned a Finlay but a guy in our club did.

Im still thinking about that finlay hydro I think you had posted some years back that was a fast 7 cell boat.

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHOasEiWEw whos bost was it and what was the setup?
AHH that boat. That is my buddy Bob's or should I say was. That hull was running 7 cell Nimh and was one of the best running hydro's I have seen in a while. No bad habits just ran fast and flat on the water as long as the wind wasn't to crazy. I will have to ask him his setup in that hull but I am pretty sure it was a Hacker short can 7s or 8s using some matched 7 cell Nimh packs and a Baracuda 80 amp Castle ESC. He smacked a buoy with the boat a few seasons ago and ripped the sponson off. I know he has a blown up 30" version mostly built sitting in his basement, if he ever finishes it and it runs like the smaller boat it will be awesome.

its been quite a challenge to get my 2 cell lipo 16th finlay to run that well still trying.

Last edited:
Back