Slingshot almost done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lay26 Bob send me the instructions last night (or early in the morning depending on wherever you live) so that's a big help thanks again for your help

Henry / Lay26, can you give some more info about your comment about:

- not to attach rear sponsons right away

- not to attach the brace over the fuel bag right away

I bought the boat pre-built and both are glued in place.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok based on my experience(I've built 4 so far) i realized that i the front brace get in the way when adjusting the AOA in the initial testing period. I made the same mistake on my second build of gluing in both the brace and the rears. the rears will need adjusting even if you use the recommended settings in the instructions. right now on my first 2 slingshot my rear sponsons were set as per instructions and one has the rears 3/16 off the set up board. my third slingshot has no rear sponsons attached. the initial test from last weekend was eye opening cause the boat seems faster than the first 2. i do however see that where you need the rears is in the turns. Doug twaits at a race, shared his thoughts That the rears should be 2 deg AOA with no 1/8 ride pad. this is what I'm currently testing for the last two boats. dont misunderstand....the provided instructions are good the way there suggested. but i like my boats running a bit light on the water so these adjustment got me to what i want,

Thanks for your info. Right now I can't change much to the rears. If something happens and I need to modify it, i'll think about your comment. As for the brace I'll see what I can do. Right now building is a bit slow, so it will take some time to get it in water and experience it first hand.

Back