Sneak peak at my 27 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Paul....little more info on this build...the bulkheads are made from the same coremat material and carbon fiber...motor is tuned with a CC beast pipe..i want to see how that combo performs. Speedmaster hardware

I learned a lesson about the no bar in a rigger or sport hydro....new tech has new processes...we no longer need to glass in the stuffing box as before...due to the fact that the no bar and drive need some allowance for movement silicone is a better option than epoxy and glass.......I'll get that on the next one

Last edited:
It aslo allows perfect aligment of motor and shaft and i also learned that the whole drive needs to move so you dont fiberglass in the stuffing box..Brent recomendeds using silicone...especially when using the solid flex system...u can use the no bar in monos as i have done that...its on a square drive flex cable set up...this was my first rigger with this set up....it eliminates having to glue in a drive brace....its really nice.

Looks like a slick rig Leighton. I’m interested in how the no bar performs for you. I was going to try that about a year ago and he basically talked me out of using it on a hydro. I believe the silicone on the tube will address what his concerns were then. Look forward to the video. I’m retrofitting a SFD drive on my Slingshot for this year . I haven’t installed it yet though.

Yeah man video will be coming. the thing with the wood boat is everything is so close the no bar wouldn't work. U can get the solid flex in... you would have to resleeve the stuffing box and double check your alingment with the motor. I did it on the orange and black boat it worked great..the motor alingment is critical. It makes a difference....it saves the shafts from breaking....i think for that reason some may think its too much work....u have to be on the money....but ive seen where it pays off and Im a believer.

Back