Gas Rigger Prop Recommendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Gise

Supporting Member
I'm putting together a Blazer Slingshot this winter and this is my first gas boat.
I like ABC/2 cleavers on my FE riggers.
Any recomendations to break in a mild small-block and then what to use for heat raving?

Hi Peter,

I run an ABC 2719/2 19 .38 on my Slingshot with a Suicidal 26 Zen and it runs mid 70s on the warmer/humid days here in FL. Corners like on rails and accelerates awesome.
On the cooler days I can run an ABC 2817/2 19 .38 which gets me into the upper 70's with the same handling performance.
Some guys run 3 blade props which I tried but those created quite a bit of prop walk that was nearly impossible to compensate for and a handful to drive. The prop walk issue went away instantly when I switched to the 2 blade props.
That should get you up and running pretty fast.
Just my $.02...

Marty

Last edited:
Tried the 3 blade...austin 6719 it works.... but like Martin said the 2 is the ticket...i personally like the austin 7217 450 on my small 26 (g1spec not a 27 or stroke motor) and 490 on my big blocks

COCR CC3 +2, +5, and +7. All 2 blade. The Slingshot likes these. Particularly the first 2. Order from Dave Pillado at COCR USA. Might take a couple months or so as they come from Australia, but I highly recommend.

Hey Rich,

Could you please post a couple of pics here of one of those COCR props? I've been hearing alot about them but have never seen one.

Thanks,

Marty

Here’s the pics of the COCR CC3 props. So far these run the best out of anything I’ve tried, particularly the +2 and +5. The +7 is a little big but will launch and run well in choppy waters.
IMG_2328.jpegIMG_2327.jpegIMG_2326.jpegIMG_2325.jpegIMG_2324.jpegIMG_2323.jpeg

Thanks for the pics Rich!

Are there any specs available on these particular props? Sounds like they are hard to get from your previous post. Expensive props also while considering shipping from Australia?
Man I would love to try some of these...

Marty

Robert, That is a fine prop! Didn't know he was doing props for people. Just thought that was a special simpathy case. Uncle Jimmy has a soft spot for all of us cheaters. Or he was bored.

Marty,

I just received something else you may want to try on that boat.

Thanks,

Mark

Back