Sikk-settings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris Mazor

Hi, Friends! Recently I got new SIKK 25.4 (bb205 - Chung Yang CY26) for my gas mono.

Please help me to set carburetor properly.

The question is:

From 50% to full throttle RPM das not changes!

When I run smaller prop it is even worst - from 25% to full!

How have I change needles on carburetor?

Thanks. Boris

On the picture: 56" Deep-V mono after testing on the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that you set the pipe a little closer to the engine. Say 11.5 inches from the exhaust opening around the header to the fat part of the pipe. Regarding the needle settings, what carb do you have and is the engine modded? By the way that is one BEAUTIFUL hull my friend. I greatly admire work like that and only wish I have the talent to do that.

Curt

I would suggest that you set the pipe a little closer to the engine. Say 11.5 inches from the exhaust opening around the header to the fat part of the pipe. Regarding the needle settings, what carb do you have and is the engine modded? By the way that is one BEAUTIFUL hull my friend. I greatly admire work like that and only wish I have the talent to do that.
Curt
Hi, Curt! Thanks. The engine is no modified! Just break it in, three tanks of fuel (~3/4 of gal). The carb is walbro 257.

I did not check the top speed - is too early to go to the top.

Curt
Hi, Curt! Thanks. The engine is no modified! Just break it in, three tanks of fuel (~3/4 of gal). The carb is walbro 257.

Hi, Curt! I'll start one more hull like this. Would you like me to build for you too? Boris

Curt

Hi, Curt! I'll start one more hull like this. Would you like me to build for you too? Boris
How much?

Curt

How much?

Curt

hi Curt,

Here what we did on our demo hull (AquaCraft Rio), Stock CY with 1'' 90 deg header and 2'' band pipe (All BH Hanson ). Pipe was set at 13'' from exhaust to center of the 2'' band on the pipe prop a prather 275 balance and slightly polish. Carb H- 1 1/4 out & L-1/3 out. Hope this help.

The Sikk in my mono is at 1 low and 1-1/2 high with the 257. In my Cat, it has the 771 at 1-1/2 out on each so far.

I've seen where some are using a "3" formula, 1-1/2 on each, 1-1/4 on low and 1-3/4 on high or even 1 and 2.

the WT257 needs a rich low needle to transition good and make good power. 2 to 2-1/2 on LOW, 1 to 1-1/4 on HIGH is where i end up with all of mine. Ive never been under 1 turn on the high without coming back with a plug color that i didnt like (LEAN).

Back