New Novarossi 91 DD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a 90 hull too, hmmm might have to pick one of these up as my club seems to be going the Nova Rossi route. I'll be watching this. Subbed for more info and first batch.

I would be interested in the .67

should have The Phantom II CE. Tested by the time this nova hits the market

DRV2WIN

KEN

Larry,

I spot checked some of the numbers before I sent the initial prototypes out and if memory serves me right they were around 13mm.

Martin just confirmed .530 or right at 13.5 mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig,

Novarossi World has a 91 non muffled nitro pipe that will need an aftermarket stinger muffler that is readily available and seems to be the choice of those running big block engines. They may offer a muffled version at some point in the future.

Mark we are hopefully in the final test phase. If everything goes well the next few weeks I will place an order the middle of October for the first batch of engines. That would put the engines arriving the end of October or first of November.

Looks like we are very close now. Thanks going out to Mark Bullard for his additions to the developement of the 91 DD Marine Engine. He sent me a short teaser video yesterday from their test day at the new Huntsville site, (across the water from the old site). He is still breaking in the engine so you will hear that in the video, plus he could only open up the throttle on the front stretch due to the conditions but after several tanks of fuel, the changes look promising. I wanted to thank him on behalf of Novarossi Marine USA for helping solve the last two hurdles allowing this latest offering to utilize the high nitro content fuel we run here in the US. We will propose these final changes to Novarossi World and will be in touch soon with our next steps.

Mark Look good engine more power than CMB 91 VAC so I will hear that his SST 90 single at Nat Nitro Florida on Jan

Hi guys, it's great that there's another manufacturer in the .90's and I would have loved to have given this engine a try. But in Europe our dealer isn't offering any kind of incentive to swap from CMB. They have it priced at $750
default_sad.png

Phill

Phil,

Thats unfortunate as thats list price. Thankfully most of us in the hobby supply engines and parts because we are a part of the hobby as well and want to see it continue to grow, and genuinely enjoy the opportunity. The pre-sale we will be having will be below 21 prices to help get these engines out into the field for real-world testing, but even after that, the long-term price will be much less at around $495-$525 each.

I wish we had people like you Ron in the UK that could supply the nova engines at a reasonable price, unfortunately due to the supply chain and a few other factors the prices are stupidly high. The last time I looked into a nova 21 a few years ago the price was £495 = $752 and the cheeky bugger in the shop wanted to charge me for carriage.

I generally buy all of my gear from America now as it is so much cheaper even with carriage and import tax.

Thanks Steven. I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, I can only speak for what I do here in North America. I hope you can eventually work things out with your local dealer.

Brad,

Officially, my distribution area is for North America. Unofficially, I have been selling into areas where there is currently not a marine distributor, such as Australia, to serve the needs of Novarossi customers.

Just pulled the motor down for inspection. Perfect wear. One gallon of fuel run thru it so far. The last two runs was with one of my COCR props off of my twin. As you can see in the video motor pulls it with no problem. Will be working with it more at our record trial in two weeks. Also this was a new boat first time in the water. It may need a little work also.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Back