New Novarossi 91 DD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Can show picture of NR 90 Nitro pipe? also NR 91 DD case fit pattern holes rail to match CMB 91/101 RS or MAC 84 or CMB 91 VAC?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be very curious to see how the alum rod holds up. Keep use posted

Ron any chance they may consider a steel rod?

Chris,

Novarossi has always used aluminum rods in all of their engines, with tremendous success. Unless that changes, I would say no. We are very impressed and hopeful the last hurdles cured by Mark, will carry us through to a full production engine.

ron i realize they use alum rods.. i just know that in bigger motors typically alum don't pan out so well.

keep us posted.

let me know if you need help testing next yr

Chris there is nothing wrong with a aluminum rod if it is made right and the motor is right. A steel rod is used a lot of time if your going to run needles. And a steel rod is used sometimes to correct some other problem with a motor. I have ran needles in a aluminum rod that had a ground steel insert and never had any problems. Lets face it the Nova Rossi & the Rossi family of motors has always been some of the best motors in the world. All of the old Rossi's I use to run had aluminum rods.

Great points Mark. If its not broke, no reason to fix it. Same rules apply here. Many engine manufacturers over the years such as Rossi have used aluminum rods in big block engines with great success. Novarossi is no different. To Mark's point, some have experimented with steel needles in aluminum rods to try to improve performance, (see below), but most went right back to standard bushed aluminum rods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back