Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More finished boats coming in. This is Bruce Ward's 59-60 Coral Reef 10th Scale.

More coming soon. Oh and I also have a few more sets that are now available. I have two versions of the 2008 Spirit of the Navy. One from spring test and the Tri Cities version. Check with your Scale Chairman to see if the Spring Test version is allowed, Also the 2013 U22 Roostertail/Conway MacKenzie with full detail of the names inside the U22. Also the 88-89 Miss Budweiser has been replaced. That was another one missing from the robbery years ago. Plus the 63-64 Miss Exide and the 65 Blue Chip.

More finished boats. I particularly like this one since I was a fan of Bill and this was a custom draw. Jay Skutle's AVL Gas Scale.

Back finally to full speed. Been tough to shake this vertigo issue. But I'm back getting several orders a day out and been doing some more drawing too. Added 3 more boats. The 99 and 2000 Miss Madison are back in the catalog. Yet another couple of sets that weren't replaced after I was burglarized years ago. Another set that I redrew much cleaner the 56 Miss Seattle. And I've added a couple of decals to the 56-57 Miss Thriftway as well. More finished boat pics to come soon.

More sets going out and a few pics of finished boats coming in...Craig Bradshaw's 1965 Blue Chip.

By the way a couple of new developments. I have procured a few graphics that were not available before. The 56-57 Miss Thriftway had a little Exide guy that also appears on the restoration boat. They were kind enough to take a very detailed hi res pic of it for me and I have re done it as a file. The one on the restoration boat was actually hand painted.

Orders are flowing again. As what usually happens this time of year I had to wrap up deadlines in my A/V business related to HS football. So after about a 10 day stall in production orders are flowing again. New sets will be added after Thanksgiving after I get caught up a little.

Things are busy in the office these days. Finally able to get back to graphics pretty much full time. Clearing out the backup daily. Fall is always tough. I have a few larger jobs to do as well. A local fire department has me redoing a couple of engines that have been replaced and moved to reserves. But I am getting a couple of orders a day out in between these jobs.

Holiday Schedule: I will be out of the office starting 12/21 and returning on 1/3/17. All but a few orders that have been put on hold by the customer because of boat or weather issues relating to painting will be out. I have a number of sets that are getting some freshening or some additions in 2017. Also, the ordering process will be changing in 2017. As soon as I have all the details I will post. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

Well Happy New Year everyone! I am back from vacation today. Several new things that will be happening for 2017. Some sets are getting minor changes that have to do with accuracy. Most of you know I am a stickler for accuracy. I have acquired some pics of various boats that hadn't been seen before so a few minor changes are being done to about eight sets. A couple of other things that will be happening is a new website with shopping cart is being developed for later this year. But something that may be coming much sooner is a move of the shop. I have been working on this for a few months. Due to issues with my current building owner I have been actively seeking a new location. So unless he decides to do the improvements that were promised but not done I will me moving to another property when the current lease expires on 3/1. Stay tuned for more on that but until then everything else is BAU and I will also have builds of my own being completed this year.

In my never ending quest to add sets I have finally added one that has eluded me for a while. The 1974 Sunny Jim. The reason it has eluded me is that is has been very difficult to obtain a suitable picture of the little boy face that appeared on the label of Sunny Jim Peanut Butter. Those of you that know me know that I will not send out pixellated garbage. Most of the pics I had found over the last few years had some issue that made them unusable. Finally got one that I vectorized and is clean. I'll update the website as soon as I get a chance.

URGENT! If you have mailed a check to me of late please check your account and prepare to stop payment on that check. Yesterday I discovered my mailbox had been vandalized and of course they cleaned it all out of any mail. There aren't that many of you that mail checks rather than use PayPal but enough that I needed to post this. Mail is currently being held at the PO and I will check there daily to see what is showing up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I've been lucky til now. Seems like they hit about four of the big cluster boxes along my street.

So a quick update. Our common mail box on the street will not be repaired for another 2-4 weeks according to USPS. Since several around here were hit the mail carriers are not even coming through to pick up like they are supposed to. So I am having to go to the PO. However that is only like once, maybe twice a week. Orders are still getting done but may sit for a bit before they go out. Also if any of you have been watching the news we are getting hammered by Mother Nature on the left coast. This is what she does. Drought and then flooding. Go figure. This is the 4th time I have been through this in my lifetime here in California. We have roads underwater, even major highways and freeways. If they are not underwater they are being shut down for emergency pot hole repairs. So USPS is going to have some issues too. So please be patient. Last I checked USPS doesn't have any boats.

Good news. Mail box is fixed sooner than anticipated and our lease issue appears to have been resolved. The bad news is Mother Nature is not done smacking us around yet. I received several phone calls yesterday from concerned folks that had seen the situation with the Oroville Dam and the eminent failure of the emergency spillway. That is a couple hours north of here and we are not directly affected yet. I say yet because we have a very strained levee system that I am right in the middle of. If there is a failure there it could cause problems for us but I am not in the the 200,000 that have been evacuated immediately downstream. At this time I am continuing business as usual. But we do have 7 more days of rain and snow coming starting Thursday.

You guys can't catch a break, it's either drought and water restrictions or it's so much water the existing systems can't handle it. If it's any consolation, we're having similar issues up in Washington. Some of the local lakes are over flood stage, storm water runoff systems are overloaded and we haven't even started with snow melting yet in the Cascades. We are actually on a flood watch in several areas of the Puget Sound basin due to rising rivers. Some areas are already starting to stack sand bags so, when the rivers are at flood stage, it won't be as bad as it's been in the past

Whole bunch of stuff is leaving today. Had a bit of a backup since I've had no internet here at the office since Friday. Not sure who did it, the building owner or Comcast. But in the process of clearing out the main phone terminal box for the building of 30 years of old wiring they accidentally disconnected me. In any case a bunch is leaving today now that I can print labels again. I tried it off my phone and it was too much of a pain. By the way, I may have a short downtime again as they are switching me over to Comcast Business in the next week or so. Only took em 3 years to do the construction to get the fiber to the building.....<headslap>

Ok so just a couple of updates. Obviously Photobucket has decided they are going to get greedy and start charging for even the smallest thing like 3rd party hosting. So obviously I will be finding a different way to post pics.

Second I have been doing some major housecleaning of my catalog. Clearing up some inaccuracies after acquiring some long sought after pics.

Third, in between getting orders out I have been doing some drawing. The most notable addition will be the 1982 Prodelco that will be available with a COMPLETE striping kit. I have also added a few things like the black stripes for the 93 Frosted Flakes, the checkers for the 2007 Beacon Plumbing. Tail checkers for the 1956-62 Miss Seattle and 1959-62 Miss Seattle Too.

Fourth, Basic framework for a new website is complete. Online ordering will be coming later in the fall. Maybe winter. The basic site will be up before Sept 1 I hope

A hiccup in production has finally been solved. My thermal printer developed an issue and after 3 weeks of finger pointing between software and hardware manufacturers it finally got fixed. This was holding up a bunch of orders that either had small metallic decals or one that needed white on clear and such. A whole bunch of orders were being held up by maybe one or two decals. Since I won't cut corners and do something that is not quite right that held things up. But i am blowing out the backlog at a frantic rate. After next week I will be in my usual busy time with my regular business for about 10 weeks.

Hey Mike, do you have Steve Renoldsname that is on the front of the 85 7-ELEVEN ?? I don't know if I have lost it or you don't make it in the set I got?? Could you let me know as I am finally getting it finished, then on to the 76 miss US 2.

KEP's builds slowed done so I can work on my own boats for awhile.

Thanks

Brad

Back