Roadrunner Twin 45 Extreme

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHEAP..CHEAP.....CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.................................now you sound like a bitty...................

Come on stop slap-en the gator lets burn some nitro..................................

Want to see what those new moded .45 EVOS got in them..............................

My Roadrunner Twin 45 went from CMB 45 vac and now it’s powered by CMB 45RS Evos. 

Should be burning some nitro this Sunday and get them broke in.

It’s going to be interesting how this boat runs with these engines and it ran very fast with VAC Engines  so it should

be better with CMB 45RS Evos 

8BAAB543-0C13-4FE1-90EF-42AD35902C35.jpeg

29B4DE7B-1EA9-47DB-B695-FD97B0D5D3D0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Julian I ran my 45twin Eagle with the 45EVOs this summer your going to like  those motors a lot better than the VACs for out of the box performance after you open the spraybars a little good luck testing Charles 

F9F90A7B-4499-4633-AF9F-C8E95EA32EB4.jpeg

Well look at my old twin. Looked every nice. What carbs you running on them ??
Is that Jeremy's old boat the Chautauqua???????

Shook that thing of my 1.01 eagle's sponson one time in a race like a Chautauqua humming my leg........LOL

Man this dremeled out, hogged out bastard wilfong modified engines perform perfect during break in period. 

We put 10 tanks thru the motors with the pipe being at 9 1/2”. These engines love prop we ran everything from 2215-17-45 all the way thru 2321 with no problems I kept the engines very rich so we are not even anywhere  close to the needle. So next time alittle bit more break in and then we can squeeze them needles and let the engines sing.

https://youtu.be/

enjoy

julian

Well not bad for stock heads , 9.5" on the pipe and .430 carbs.

Will see what shes got after you get done babying them and let me do the FULL MONTY...........LOL

Not bad for a break in run.................

Well not bad for stock heads , 9.5" on the pipe and .430 carbs.

Will see what shes got after you get done babying them and let me do the FULL MONTY...........LOL

Not bad for a break in run.................
These engines where by far the easiest to get them in sync. Not bad for a good shake down run on a boat that has been chillin in my shelf for 2 years. Just a engine change and everything else stayed the same. No changes to the setup. I think it’s a great success and a win in our books. 

Take it easy there brother. Can’t afdord to break anything. We will get it faster in time. Baby steps learn as we go not shoot for the fences on the first time out lol. 

Those RS.45 EVO's from CMB are by far the BEST .45 I have had the joy to work on. 

Only thing missing is a large carb from the get go. Thy will need a .470 before we are done with them.

The case and intake work is done to use them just need the barrels for the .470 body VAC carbs.

May be you can try the 2323 net time out. I know you are dying to give them a spin...................................  :D

Well we shortened the pipes to 9 1/4’’ so thats where i will start the next time i go out. So everything will be the same on the boat setup wise except the pipe change, i will be Changing the boom tubes from aluminum to solid carbon fiber tubes and also i will be bring the needles down and getting the motors to Rpm alittle more..

ill have some new props to also test so its going to be interested how this little boat runs next time around. This boat is really impressive lucky i did not decide to sell the boat LOL...

Julian

Why the change to Carbon ?
Well i have to change the boom tubes as my front right tube has a little bend actually increasing the angle of attack on the boat which actually made the boat run better LOL which is weird.

But i prefer to have the Solid Carbon fiber tubes (NOT LIKE WHAT THEY USE ON THE EAGLE SGX BOATS) its actually nice and thick material very nice looking as well. so like that if i do have a hard buoy hit or hit something theres a point that will break off and not damage the tub.

in the past i had a twin go in the back in Huntsville and the tubes popped the boom block area destroying the tub in the process. So this way the tubes will break before it destroys the tub.

also there is hardly any flexing on them at all and also the tubes wont bend there either there straight or broke...

Back