prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats a good prop to run on a sport 40 with a cmb engine
Eric, What elevation are you running at? I'm up at 4300 Ft. here in Utah and the Prather 230's work here 1.9" dia x 1.6" pitch. If you're at lower elev. you could spin a larger prop.

Glenn

Seems that an X-450 is a pretty common prop to use on a sport 40...i started with that on my SS-45 with a Mac 45, then ran an X-448 for a while...seems a little under propped, so now im going to try an X-450 with a little pitch taken out of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that an X-450 is a pretty common prop to use on a sport 40...i started with that on my SS-45 with a Mac 45, then ran an X-448 for a while...seems a little under propped, so now im going to try an X-450 with a little pitch taken out of it...

Bill, If you have a P-230 try it-same dia. as the X448 but more pitch.

Glenn

Bill, If you have a P-230 try it-same dia. as the X448 but more pitch.

Glenn
Glenn, ill pick one up a give it a go! Thanks ol buddy! :)

Eric,

Octura X-450/2 with 5.29" of T.E. cup and reduced L.E. blade area.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

hi, if you are close to sea level,a prather 230 with a little pitch or i used to run a 235,235+ a tweek. good luck.mike

Back