.45 4"engine mount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Ellison

who sells a 4" .45 mount. building a new sport 40 and want to use a 4" mount, A 5" center just looks too big on a 35" boat. Building a scaled down version of my gas sport hydro. Thank you in advance

who sells a 4" .45 mount. building a new sport 40 and want to use a 4" mount, A 5" center just looks too big on a 35" boat. Building a scaled down version of my gas sport hydro. Thank you in advance
Dan,
With the power today's engines are making and what race water conditions mid race, 35" I feel is not going to be desirable.
37-38" would be optimal.
If your building for yourself it will meet the rules IMPBA & NAMBA.
but if your building to try to get your boats racing, I would rethink your length.
If you are building for SAW or oval records, if you could keep it on the water it would prolly be a rocket!
Just my 2cents of experience.
Rick

Dan, I am not being critical of you endeavor, I just what to help and make something usable by the masses.
Sport-40 IS one of my two favorite classes.

Last edited:
Dan,
With the power today's engines are making and what race water conditions mid race, 35" I feel is not going to be desirable.
37-38" would be optimal.
If your building for yourself it will meet the rules IMPBA & NAMBA.
but if your building to try to get your boats racing, I would rethink your length.
If you are building for SAW or oval records, if you could keep it on the water it would prolly be a rocket!
Just my 2cents of experience.
Rick

Dan, I am not being critical of you endeavor, I just what to help and make something usable by the masses.
Sport-40 IS one of my two favorite classes.
I can easily make it longer /wider ect. I am building it like my gas sport, the sponsons are built separate from the center. Also the rules are such that the impba boat is slightly different than a namba version. the namba hull will more likely resemble the gas boat, the after plane section of an impba boat has to be wider.

I can easily make it longer /wider ect. I am building it like my gas sport, the sponsons are built separate from the center. Also the rules are such that the impba boat is slightly different than a namba version. the namba hull will more likely resemble the gas boat, the after plane section of an impba boat has to be wider.
Awesome,,
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Back