STOKED!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ask Charles he'll tell you the size he wants everybody to run good that makes for stronger better clubs he got me up to speed after a 30 year absence but even with a faster boat you still have to beat his driving skillsšŸ™„
Exactly....he's always been open with me, when asked. Like a couple of the other boat racers of the old guard, he's an ambassador to the hobby, not a promoter of himself- like a lot in the present day.

At least 75% of the game is in the guy operating the Tx, NOT the equipment.

Anyone who can drive across the country, pick up a new boat, and win the event at a big winter National race, beating some very big names in the process, is one heck of a racer and tuner.

You hit the nail on the head, Jeff, and I've got nothing but respect for the guy.

Yeah, he mentioned the 'guy', but nothing about 1/4" bore....boat came to me with 3/16" strut.

I'll talk to him....he did say 2215, but didn't mention which rake and blade area....just assumed it was a 19-38, which I have.

1/4" rebore is understandable...a lot's been discussed about bore inaccuracy on the hubs.

Thanks, John, and have a Merry Christmas.

Tim
Tim, Iā€™d try the 19-38. PM me your phone # and Iā€™ll text you pictures of what I do to them. I have a 2215-19-38 (3/16 bore) but have no backup for it so didnā€™t give it to Charles.
Merry Christmas to you as well from the warm and sunny confines of FL.

Tim, Iā€™d try the 19-38. PM me your phone # and Iā€™ll text you pictures of what I do to them. I have a 2215-19-38 (3/16 bore) but have no backup for it so didnā€™t give it to Charles.
Merry Christmas to you as well from the warm and sunny confines of FL.
Thank you, John....I'm glad you're somewhere comfortable....don't know how many more Michigan winters I can handle...maybe a return to Florida is required. The summer heat there doesn't bother me in the least.

Tim,

If it was my boat I would try a 2015-17*-45%.
The 2115, and 2215 is a lot of work and testing
to get them just right. They are fast, but they do
mishandle the boat at higher speeds. I would talk
with Charles and see what he thinks. I know we
traded propellers back and forth a lot in recent years
so I honestly donā€™t know what version he likes the best.
Also, he is running a different hull and I am sure it may
like something different. Now that you live closer I am
sure you will get that GPX running well. Like all of our
boats, it just takes time to optimize our set ups.

Happy Holidays,

Mark

Tim,

If it was my boat I would try a 2015-17*-45%.
The 2115, and 2215 is a lot of work and testing
to get them just right. They are fast, but they do
mishandle the boat at higher speeds. I would talk
with Charles and see what he thinks. I know we
traded propellers back and forth a lot in recent years
so I honestly donā€™t know what version he likes the best.
Also, he is running a different hull and I am sure it may
like something different. Now that you live closer I am
sure you will get that GPX running well. Like all of our
boats, it just takes time to optimize our set ups.

Happy Holidays,

Mark
Ok, thanks, Mark....we only talked briefly....from the sound of it he wound up liking something between a 2100 and 2200 series, diametrically.

He did mention the Petersens need more lift....think he mentioned his new one has two trap rails running to the transom to pack more air aftward....we'll coax him into lunch after the Holidays and pick his brain a bit.

Hope you and the Mrs. have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the kind words! John B. gave me a cut down 2215-17-45 w-1/4ā€ bore and I really like it. He wouldn't let me pay him for it, because I couldn't afford his rates šŸ˜­ !! Mark Sholund has also been working with me on a 2215 17/45, along with a 2015 and 2115. John's and Mark's 2215's behave a little different from each other in the hull. I got a little GPS unit to try and figure out which one has the better top end, but I haven't had a chance or the weather to try it out. Tim, I will look you up in the New Year so we can talk more about props for the boat. Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks all for the kind words! John B. gave me a cut down 2215-17-45 w-1/4ā€ bore and I really like it. He wouldn't let me pay him for it, because I couldn't afford his rates šŸ˜­ !! Mark Sholund has also been working with me on a 2215 17/45, along with a 2015 and 2115. John's and Mark's 2215's behave a little different from each other in the hull. I got a little GPS unit to try and figure out which one has the better top end, but I haven't had a chance or the weather to try it out. Tim, I will look you up in the New Year so we can talk more about props for the boat. Merry Christmas everyone!
Thank you, Charles!....nothing like good info from the proverbial 'horse's mouth'.

John's given me some good info to work with, too....just have to order up some props after a glance at inventory....I don't believe I've any 17-45 wheels, though.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

Thanks-
Tim

Back