Prop selection for sub-surface seaducer?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Bowf

Buddy of mine has an older seaducer mono. I don't know the exact model, but it is a subsurface .45 mono. It has a CMB gold head in it. He lost the prop that was on it when his flex shaft failed, and never knew what the prop was (If I recall correctly, the numbers were worn off it). All I know for sure is that it was a 2 blade prop.

The flex shaft was run down the outside of the hull about as close to the bottom of the hull as possible. Boat is a pretty good running boat for what it is.

Anyhow, I am guessing the prop was probably something along the lines of an X450 or X452, but wanted to get some input as to where we should start while trying to find a good prop for the boat.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sean

I tend to think X450 or 452 is too much prop for a 45 in a sub-surface set up. Depends on how deep you run the strut. My guess is probably a X447 would be a good place to start.

Funny that comes up, I ran mine today for the first time in forever.

Same setup cept I run a wore out MAC with a Cooper QHP.

Stuff tube slammed on the bottom of the hull.

Ran it with my base line prop to get the needle,

X450/2 from Mark. and also ran a really modded ABC 1914 that was backcut.

The 450 had better rpm, but the abc made a little better speed. I need to get Marty to do a little tweeking on the ABC and I think it will be good. Those guys where busy getting ready for the Fall Nats , so I stayed out of the way ;)

A 447 imho- pending altitude- is too small. :(

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go-

Not the fastest B-Mono by any means, but for an old girl it aint bad. And thats the baseline 450 :p

Check out the end of the video-

Premo turns his radio on and shoots me down :eek:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

The 450 had better rpm, but the abc made a little better speed. I need to get Marty to do a little tweeking on the ABC and I think it will be good. Those guys where busy getting ready for the Fall Nats , so I stayed out of the way ;)

Andy
I have several 45 size monos and vees including a Prather Aggressor with the strut at 1/2" below the vee. Tried a X450 2 blade and it was too much for the K&B 7.5. The prop was too much for the K&B and was bogging it down. I guess the K&B would be able to handle the 450 if I had raised the strut or run surface all together.

Andy
I have several 45 size monos and vees including a Prather Aggressor with the strut at 1/2" below the vee. Tried a X450 2 blade and it was too much for the K&B 7.5. The prop was too much for the K&B and was bogging it down. I guess the K&B would be able to handle the 450 if I had raised the strut or run surface all together.
He was refering to an older subsurface Seaducer Kez, they seem to like the strut right up on the hull, at least the ones I have seen run decent.

Andy

Jerry told me Better use X447 or X448 for subsurface mono If you interesting to buy my X447/2 S&B and give good deal $20.00 save $5.00 off

Latest posts

Back