Cmb 27 evo in a mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

Need some advise on a prop the cmb 27 I’m using a vision pipe on it and runs crazy fast.I used a 2614/2 which the boat likes but motor is screaming running 60 in a 44 inch stock seaducer hull.I tried a 2716/2 blade and it ran 73 before it blew off the river.I need a chopper prop I believe but not sure if there’s one with enough pitch for the motor.The hull may not be long enough to handle all the power and speed this motor has.I know the set up is critical on this boat might be I’m asking more then the boat is made for.The 2716/2 blade ran good the motor has more power but at that speed I’m more then happy with .

The 2716/2 was for my whiplash it’s a 20 I ended up using a 2717/2 on the whiplash was the next bigger pitch prop that I had so I Tried it.Also used a 2714/2 15 which was better but I had the strut set to tight and lost my throttle servo so I called it quit for the day.The boat dove in on a turn with the 2714/2 so I put the strut back to where the 2614/2 ran good but then lost my servo and was getting dark.I’m going to order a 2714/3 chopper to test next as I can use it on my other gas mono.The motor has plenty of power and rpm to turn a bigger pitch but the hull maybe to short to really utilize all the power the engine has.

I'm not really familiar with what the seaducer monos run for props vs other mono hulls nor am I familiar with the cmb gas motors just nitro but my gas monos run 3 blades like a 2914 which diameter wise is much bigger but has a different pitch and blade shape obviously so how can a boat run so fast with what my untrained eye would call a smaller prop? just curious if some could offer a explanation?

When I built my Seaducer for a CMB 28.5 I contacted Jerry for his thoughts on which hull I should pair it with. He recommended I go for the 53, as the shorter boats wouldn’t take the power in the water I planned to use the boat in

Last edited:
Andy your right the motor is too Much for the short hull it was for the stock motor class

I ran a 7016-3 receently: on the small side, but ran nice. I think 2814-3 chopper might work

Not familiar with what works best on seaducers especially with gas motors..

But I like Prather S275 or S280 on surface drive nitro .90's and 1.01 monos..
Not even sure where they match up in today's props....but may be worth a try...

Just a suggestion, but I'd find a prop that works fairly well on the boat and stick with it... and then tweak that prop to the boat...

Tuning the prop to the boat is critical on mono's... not every prop will be a bolt on and go...

I ordered up a 2714/4 to try might take a week to get it ready to test

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back