Project: HDR DRV2WIN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight is not a problem lot to trim on cowl stay under 4.5 pounds still can stiff a Little

Need a light pipe also

Weight is not a problem lot to trim on cowl stay under 4.5 pounds still can stiff a Little

Need a light pipe also

attachicon.gif
IMG_20141124_163440_424.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20141124_163515_075.jpg
5-1/4 to 5- 1/2 pounds will be more realistic. Our boat is 4.6 with a K&B 7.5 which is 6 ozs. lighter than the Italian engines. Also we are using a .21 pipe and micro rudder and strut. All stuff that might break.

Be sure to do some glass work in the tub. It will greatly increase the life of the hull. Drill all necessary holes and enlongate the boom holes in the side of the tub so that the front sponsons can be adjustable. Do all of that before you complete your sealing process.

Ken,

Looks like you are making good progress on your builds!

I posted some fiberglassing pics and notes on Greg Hahn's "Fiberglassing How Too" thread in the "How Too" section. Greg has a great video there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken,

I posted some fiberglassing pics and notes on Greg Hahn's "Fiberglassing How Too" thread in the "How Too" section. Greg has a great video there.
Thanks AndyIll check out that thread tonight , Strut an rudder will work great . Just wondering the round shape strut do you think it pulls down under speed .take a spoon turn your tap water on and the back part of the spoon place it near the water as it's coming out the faucet note what happens when the round shape just touches the water I'm wondering if the same effect happens to the strut.

Ken,

Thanks AndyIll check out that thread tonight , Strut an rudder will work great . Just wondering the round shape strut do you think it pulls down under speed .take a spoon turn your tap water on and the back part of the spoon place it near the water as it's coming out the faucet note what happens when the round shape just touches the water I'm wondering if the same effect happens to the strut.
I'm sure it has the same effect. That does not mean a round strut is a bad thing. Some boats like round some like flat. Some boats can not tolerate the extra lift that a flat strut would provide. I use both depening on what the boat likes best. Some of the world's fastest current speed records are held with boats running round bottom struts.

Ken,

Need a light pipe also

attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
5-1/4 to 5- 1/2 pounds will be more realistic. Our boat is 4.6 with a K&B 7.5 which is 6 ozs. lighter than the Italian engines. Also we are using a .21 pipe and micro rudder and strut. All stuff that might break.

Be sure to do some glass work in the tub. It will greatly increase the life of the hull. Drill all necessary holes and enlongate the boom holes in the side of the tub so that the front sponsons can be adjustable. Do all of that before you complete your sealing process.
thanks for your building tips Andy, a big help.

[A] When you guys are speaking of weight this would be "total mass", including- hull, engine/mount, fuel tank, radio gear, all hardware, paint/finishing (a completed hull)?

Do you only elongate the front sponson boom holes typically (for adjustment)?

Ken,Looks like you are making good progress on your builds! I posted some fiberglassing pics and notes on Greg Hahn's "Fiberglassing How Too" thread in the "How Too" section. Greg has a great video there.

Need a light pipe also

attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
5-1/4 to 5- 1/2 pounds will be more realistic. Our boat is 4.6 with a K&B 7.5 which is 6 ozs. lighter than the Italian engines. Also we are using a .21 pipe and micro rudder and strut. All stuff that might break.Be sure to do some glass work in the tub. It will greatly increase the life of the hull. Drill all necessary holes and enlongate the boom holes in the side of the tub so that the front sponsons can be adjustable. Do all of that before you complete your sealing process.
thanks for your building tips Andy, a big help. [A] When you guys are speaking of weight this would be "total mass", including- hull, engine/mount, fuel tank, radio gear, all hardware, paint/finishing (a completed hull)? Do you only elongate the front sponson boom holes typically (for adjustment)?
DavidTotal mass

and elongate the holes on the tub was for adjustment purposes

Andy

Sturt is mounted it appears I must relief the transom edge of strut to get any angle. That will make it weaker.

Ken,Looks like you are making good progress on your builds! I posted some fiberglassing pics and notes on Greg Hahn's "Fiberglassing How Too" thread in the "How Too" section. Greg has a great video there.

Need a light pipe also

attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
5-1/4 to 5- 1/2 pounds will be more realistic. Our boat is 4.6 with a K&B 7.5 which is 6 ozs. lighter than the Italian engines. Also we are using a .21 pipe and micro rudder and strut. All stuff that might break.Be sure to do some glass work in the tub. It will greatly increase the life of the hull. Drill all necessary holes and enlongate the boom holes in the side of the tub so that the front sponsons can be adjustable. Do all of that before you complete your sealing process.
thanks for your building tips Andy, a big help. [A] When you guys are speaking of weight this would be "total mass", including- hull, engine/mount, fuel tank, radio gear, all hardware, paint/finishing (a completed hull)? Do you only elongate the front sponson boom holes typically (for adjustment)?
David

elongate the holes on the tub was for adjustment purposes

Thanks. What I was getting at was are most folks elongating primarily the front boom holes? Or, both, front and rear?

Need a light pipe also

attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
Davidelongate the holes on the tub was for adjustment purposes
Thanks. What I was getting at was are most folks elongating primarily the front boom holes? Or, both, front and rear?
Both that way you have more adjustment

Looking good!..get'r done so you could come play with us in January.
That's my goal sir.I'll just be bring one boat.
That's all I entered one boat same as you B-Hydro...= Lots of fun in the sun hanging out with race buds!!!

Stay excited!!..see you in Jan.
I entered C hydro hope to be ready . B Hydro was full
Ken, place yourself on the waiting list for B-Hydro...class will be HOTT!!!

Back