Project: HDR DRV2WIN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20141107_073818_439.jpg

11/07/2014 Finished the back part of the tub next start working on mounting the front sponsons waiting on the hardware to arrive
Making good progress!..thanks for taking the time to share your build.

SGX 45 Setting next to HDR 65

Now shaping front end.near the same length but riding surface front sponsons back edge further back from transom near 5"

Last edited by a moderator:
Working out radio location

Hardware in stall

Ken,

Just a couple quick observations.

By looking at the second photo, it seems to me that the strut has been mounted a little low on the transom. Is that where the plans call for it to be be mounted?

And on the rudder servo tray is that a rough base for mock up, or is that the finished tray?...seems a little flimsy. Usually they are held in place with a block of wood the hight of the servo laying flat "the way it's pictured" on each side and caped on the top with light ply.

Ken,

By looking at the second photo, it seems to me that the strut has been mounted a little low on the transom. Is that where the plans call for it to be be mounted?

And on the rudder servo tray is that a rough base for mock up, or is that the finished tray?...seems a little flimsy. Usually they are held in place with a block of wood the hight of the servo laying flat "the way it's pictured" on each side and caped on the top with light ply.
Elias, The strut is in the proper location. The rudder is mounted a bit higher than I'd prefer, but it will work there.

Ken,

Elias, The strut is in the proper location. The rudder is mounted a bit higher than I'd prefer, but it will work there.
Andy, are the rear sponsons deeper on the new boat?...looks like there would be more clearance/space between the tub and water than the older boats.

Ken,

Andy, are the rear sponsons deeper on the new boat?...looks like there would be more clearance/space between the tub and water than the older boats.
They are deeper simply because the new tub is set higher off the surface for better rough water performance.

Elias

Thxs for keeping me on my toes I havnt set angle of the dangle

The bottom of Sturt when parallel is at 1.2" I'll add 1.5° when lining up shaft the one pic will show the sponson height to the strut

The radio is just mocked up now

Also the rudder is 3" from bottom of hull to end of rudder

11/17/2014

Got motor back from Andy Brown.

Great work sir. I'll call it frankenstein MAC/CMB.45 Mac drum update modify internals

l

Hi Ken. What are you sealing and clearing the wood with, i normally use west system just wondering what products you like to use. The boat looks great so far, good luck with it. Thanks

Thanks for asking I copied an paste message from Mike Walker

"I like Klass Kote you about have to get it direct from them it's a little pricey, very little goes a long way on the out side I use one or two thin costs. Inside normally use three to four coats to get a smooth shine after awhile it will yellow some from fuel. If you want to stay away from the yellowing inside use west systems. I just don't care for it out side. On my own boats to save money I use water base minwax sanding sealer on the out side only. The way I see it I am going to primer and paint or clear coat it any way. I don't use it on a customer boat because I never know what they are going to do with it some times they don't paint and just put it in the water."

So used the minwax

looking for some opinions on what pipe to use on these two engines

1st is mod CMB.45 w/mac drum an head by ANDY BROWN

2nd is mod CMB 65 modified by Stan Simpson. John finch Won the 1997 and 1998 IMPBA internats back to back in the 1/8th scale class with this motor in his roundnose Bardahl.

looking for some opinions on what pipe to use on these two engines

1st is mod CMB.45 w/mac drum an head by ANDY BROWN

attachicon.gif
IMG_20141117_112330_792-1.jpg

2nd is mod CMB 65 modified by Stan Simpson. John finch Won the 1997 and 1998 IMPBA internats back to back in the 1/8th scale class with this motor in his roundnose Bardahl.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20141107_073916_967.jpg
Suggestions you could try an original CMDi Parabolic or CMB Straight Nitro on the 45 motor. And a CMB Fat Belly Pipe on the 65.

Looking for tips on flex shaft cutting an how much to leave for prop an distance drive dog should be from strut.

Back