Problem .90 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimD said:
They seem to be made of unobtainium here in Oz :unsure: Anyone know a source for them?
I bought mine from Enco when it was on sale. Well guess what, it's on sale again- $138.99. here's the link to the catalog page-

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=2...6&PARTPG=INLMK3

Once you've owned one of these you will wonder how you ever did without it. It'll be the best $150 you've ever spent. B)

Just did the currency conversion for those Aussies that read this - about $190 Aus less shipping. Maybe Santa will leave me one next year.

Jaso - hook a Cipolla red up on a power panel and see how much current you need to pump into that sucker! A lot more than an MC9! They are a nice, stable, consistent plug tho' - I've got a few spare if you need any! I bought 200 of them a few years ago!

Tim.

" Don, strut angle is at 0 degs and head is at 15 thou."

That's fine for now. Does the carb on your motor have a low & high end mixture adjustment?? :unsure:

Tim, I might take you up on some of them plugs in a little while, If you could email me some contact details (email would do) .

Don, No theres no low end control on the carb it's got on it so I guess that would make it one of those carbs that pretty top end friendly only and could make it hard to get along with on the stand?Yeah?

the use of a dremel together with the marty davis program and some good knowledge will make any engine talk with or without mid-range needle :D

"Don, No theres no low end control on the carb it's got on it so I guess that would make it one of those carbs that pretty top end friendly only and could make it hard to get along with on the stand?Yeah?"

You may find yourself bumping your base idle spped up to compensate but it will need to be a touch rich on the stand. B)

Yeah I have been told that a bit too rich on the stand is more than likely what you need on the water to keep the top end rich enough at WOT.

TimD said:
They seem to be made of unobtainium here in Oz :unsure: Anyone know a source for them?
Tim

Are you giong to be at the Nats?? Ask Ian as i am sure he said he has one or his work now has one.

regards

Dave

See you in Adelaide if u r coming.

Just wondering what happened to the posts between 20 and 31 because I can only see 20 replys and the last things that Tim D and Riggermortise said don't make any sense without being able to see what was posted prier to theirs? Ant ideas anyone? :blink:

i dont see any problems with post count.... 15 per page + the replies on this page - 1 (the first post is not a reply). it adds up..... am i missing something???

Anyway, Just got home from the lake and at last had some success! With the front sponsons pitched up another couple of degrees the boat is now running at a pretty good attitude and now I can start tuning some more. Of course there weren't any other boats on the water today so I'll have to see how it sits when it has to go over other boats wash etc. I just tried the 1667 today but next time I'll have a play once I put some more time on the motor etc. Got to fix some thing I haven't seen before, the throttle linkage arm broke off the carby on the last run at about the same time the fuel run low and it stopped. Any one seen this before on the .90 CMB purple head? It looks like the arm is made from a piece of cast aluminium from the way it has broken off( very lumpy look not smooth brake at all) I'll machine up a new one any way and it will be ready for next time. Might have to have a look for possible stress problems on the throttle pushrod but at a glance it seems ok. Any ideas? :D :D :D :blink:

You're not the first one I've heard have that happen to. My purple head CMB 90 has a OS9B sitting on the front of it now. I machine out the back to go over the step on the disc front plate & use the stock o ring, very trick. But ya gotta really be dead on with measurements as there is very, very little room to spare. Works sooooo much nicer than the stock carb. I do however have a Tyndall stainless carb arm on it as the OS arms break too. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, I think I'll machine a new one up from a piece of alloy for starters and maybe a bit later I'll look into another carb. What are the main benifits of the carb you have on your cmb? Does it make the bottom end much more friendly only or does it work beter all round?

Don, Also just a question on where you would start on modifing a 1667 to gain some speed, would you just start with a bit of gentle cupping or a little trim to the tips to unload it a bit? I'm keen to get a few more 1667s and start to have a bit more of a go at mods, won't necessarily start running them straight away just keen to make a start to see what does what once I have the basic set up organised. ( I take a fair bit of time to do props, I mean alot of time)

Back