DIY Oiler

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
I make custom oilers out of large brass tube.
You need some brass tube some 1/8th tube and some flat brass strip.
Use a good solder gun or pencil iron about 140 w
1.jpgFirst cut your tube to the size needed and solder to one end plate. 2.jpg

Drill a hole for the fill tube and drain tubes and solder them in, solder on the other end plate. cut off the corners of the end plates.3.jpg

Drill a 1/16 hole on top for a vent. 4.jpg5.jpg

Grind or sand disk the rough edges on the tank.6.jpg
Use a small wire brush to shine up the tank7.jpg

Use a silicone hose connected to a fitting for the drive shaft tube, Zipp sell these fittings. drill a 1/16 hole thru the tube and clamp the fitting to the shaft tube.8.jpg
Here my install on my twin, you can add the mounting tab where needed, install tank a bit higher than the shaft tube. I use castor oil9.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 325063First cut your tube to the size needed and solder to one end plate. View attachment 325064

Drill a hole for the fill tube and drain tubes and solder them in, solder on the other end plate. cut off the corners of the end plates.View attachment 325065

Drill a 1/16 hole on top for a vent. View attachment 325066View attachment 325067

Grind or sand disk the rough edges on the tank.View attachment 325068
Use a small wire brush to shine up the tankView attachment 325069

Use a silicone hose connected to a fitting for the drive shaft tube, Zipp sell these fittings. drill a 1/16 hole thru the tube and clamp the fitting to the shaft tube.View attachment 325070
Here my install on my twin, you can add the mounting tab where needed, install tank a bit higher than the shaft tube. I use castor oilView attachment 325071
What size of brass tube is needed for the tank, looks like 3/4

Drill a hole in the side so your tubing is a snug fit
Drill a SMALL hole in the top..
NOTE.. the size of the hole in the top will determine flow rate.

Make a simple strap to hold it..

10 Min and you have an oiler!

Grim

View attachment 325063First cut your tube to the size needed and solder to one end plate. View attachment 325064

Drill a hole for the fill tube and drain tubes and solder them in, solder on the other end plate. cut off the corners of the end plates.View attachment 325065

Drill a 1/16 hole on top for a vent. View attachment 325066View attachment 325067

Grind or sand disk the rough edges on the tank.View attachment 325068
Use a small wire brush to shine up the tankView attachment 325069

Use a silicone hose connected to a fitting for the drive shaft tube, Zipp sell these fittings. drill a 1/16 hole thru the tube and clamp the fitting to the shaft tube.View attachment 325070
Here my install on my twin, you can add the mounting tab where needed, install tank a bit higher than the shaft tube. I use castor oilView attachment 325071
This is good stuff, thank you Phil!

Doug,
This is not a for sale add. He is showing people how easy it is to do it themselves and giving them ideas on how. Hence the DIY...do it yourself. Need more people that make things for this sport to survive.
Mike
100% agree Mike. Sharing ideas, especially with younger folks (the future of our hobby), is part of our path forward!

You can also go to Walmart in the pharmaceutical area and pick up a pill bottle. That holds pills. perfect for an oiler.

CdND5ow.jpg

If you have any capacity to the tank your going to want shut off valves

7VG2QJp.jpg

SpeKH3z.jpg

Back