Pics from 2016 Winter Nitro Champs in FL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of this boom and tub flexing may not be a bad thing. Never known a great handling race car to have hard mounted axles!

Even Top Fuel cars with hard mounted rear axles depend on chassis and tire flex to perform correctly.
So true...I like the 3/8 solid carbon booms....

So what is happening to all those carefully set sponson angles and turn fin angles and shapes when the booms (and turn fins) are twisting and flexing?
Hmmm...it might be easier for you to sell your Space pic's and your thoughts on that subject than your "CRAZY" boat ideas.

Confucius say...Bird in hand better than two in bush. lol

So what is happening to all those carefully set sponson angles and turn fin angles and shapes when the booms (and turn fins) are twisting and flexing?
Hello Ian, The best thing I can say is I'm not having a problem with that on my JRX 101....my prototypes have only been out a little over two years with on & off testing & some racing on them & my drivers love them...I have tried stiff booms & carbon without making them stiff & have noticed nothing...remember they are bouncing all over the water & changing angles in racing...so I'm only talking about the F Hydro Class....maybe on small riggers with very small carbon booms could cause a problem in a lot of flex.

Guys,

This is the best video I have ever watched that shows the sponson flex on a rigger hydro. It was rough water but great example to watch. Enjoy!!!

https://www.facebook.com/anton.chrnnk/videos/1141548539222012/
Great vid of a boating working well with huge boom flex.

I can't see a JAE style boat NOT having boom flex with that extra wide sponson spacing.

Even tubs, fins, rudder blades and props flex.....not to mention the parts in the engine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some really good pics of the race last yr thx to Ian. Just in case you are undecided about coming...

Back