Outrigger Fuel Tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

I have two 8oz plastic fuel tanks in a 60 Roadrunner. I have seen a lot of metal tanks in outriggers, do they have internal baffles. What are the pros and cons? Who makes the best metal tanks that fit the 60 Roadrunner?

Tanks.jpg

Last edited:
With the two tank system the engine will go rich after the first tank goes empty. I use a plastic 16 oz tank in one of my riggers and feed it to a one ounce tank at the driveshaft tube then to the engine and it works fine. I have had a lot of problems with metal tanks the last few years and don't ever want to go back there again. I have a drawer full of them, but only use them when a plastic tank won't fit.

John, I'm very surprised you having metal tank problems. I have never had one fail except in a crash. Some of my tanks are from Steve Ball, one from Andy, and Walt Barney. They all have internal sump tanks. That being said I'll have one fail at Chesapeake. :eek: :eek: :eek: Ray

Back