.21 Outrigger recomendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Neal

Hi All,

Im well out of touch with Outrigger Hydro's but what is generally regarded as the best and most competitive at the moment?

I saw from the NE-Stuff website they do the KEPS .21 and it looks great but does anyone do a kit? - I didn't want to scratch build if I could avoid it due to time constraints

I did try to buy one of the hydro kits from the Zip Kits website but I could not complete the order, I think this is because I am based in the UK, I have emailed them but if there are better options out there then I am all ears

All recommendations appreciated

Ricky

Hi All,

Im well out of touch with Outrigger Hydro's but what is generally regarded as the best and most competitive at the moment?

I saw from the NE-Stuff website they do the KEPS .21 and it looks great but does anyone do a kit? - I didn't want to scratch build if I could avoid it due to time constraints

I did try to buy one of the hydro kits from the Zip Kits website but I could not complete the order, I think this is because I am based in the UK, I have emailed them but if there are better options out there then I am all ears

All recommendations appreciated

Ricky
It’s hard to beat a JAE 21GT for price, performance & service.

Rich,
It is very similar to the electric kit. He does make it. Chris ran one at the nats 2 yrs ago. I won one in the raffle at nats this year. He has been meaning to get one cut out for me soon he says. You need to talk to him directly.
Mike

Rich,
It is very similar to the electric kit. He does make it. Chris ran one at the nats 2 yrs ago. I won one in the raffle at nats this year. He has been meaning to get one cut out for me soon he says. You need to talk to him directly.
Mike
Hey Mike. Yeah i remember seeing a pic of Chris's boat awhile back on FB and then hearing Mark was gonna offer it as a nitro boat. But that's the last i have heard about it. He should get it out there, my brother has a electric version P Limited boat and it's fast. He wants to build a 21 nitro boat so i will tell him to give Mark a call.
Thanks for the info Mike.

Ricky, I too am UK based and have bought a number of boat kits from ZIPKITS. Had same issues but email to Joe Petro has sorted issue. Always found them good to deal with and kits build and run nice.
Regards
Grahame

Ricky, there is a guy that built riggers (Jae and possibly others). You can buy them pre assembled from him. His name is Mike walker, he is also on this forum. Not sure if he still builds them. I would suggest to check with him.

I gota agree. That zip 21 launches good. Is light weight. A bit wide, inside spon to spon. But most everybody is running it. It's a setup match in that class. I don't run the b class. But I gota say I've seen that thing run

Rich,
Mike
When you receive your Nexgen kit that will be a perfect home for a new K21.
That would get you back into racing pretty cheap🤔

He doesn't show a .21 rigger kit on his website. It just shows the electric version. I sent Mark a email but haven't heard back from him. Have you seen a nitro Nexgen?
Mark has been down in GA for a week long records trial. I'm sure he will respond as soon as he gets back home

Hey Ricky I have a JAE21 up for sales in the UK never crashed, good solid boat built by Mike walker, I have a new KEPs style cowl fitted with brand new tank from Ian Folkson. Msg me here or on FB if interested

When you receive your Nexgen kit that will be a perfect home for a new K21.
That would get you back into racing pretty cheap🤔
Never left racing. Still have all my nitro boats. It will probably start out with a Nova since that is what I have.
Mike

Back