oil for nitro fuel mixing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Klotz Super Tecplate works great. Any thing over 16% is a waste of oil. 13% is all most eng need.

Extra oil will help if your boat sticks the throttle and hits the shore and keeps running. Insurance is all it is.

I tried Morgan's Green oil thy had at the local hobby shop. Stuck a piston in my .45 so that was the end of using that.

Have mixed the Klotz as high as 65% nitro with no problems. Just mix the methanol with it first.

O and a squirt of Armor All to. Don't want it to foam up now do ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I found just for interest sake..KL200

Smoke Rating: 10 1 = fog - 10 = no smoke Clean Burn: 10 1 = heavy deposits - 10 = no carbon Film Strength: 8 1 = failure - 10 = no wear Pour Point: -15°F Flash Point: 460°F Maximum RPM: 13,000 Viscosity @ 100°c: 23.30 cSt Typical Product Color: Red

10 is best ,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Klotz Super Techniplate 80/20 is the only way to go in my opinion... We have been mixing with Klotz for 22 years..
22 years on the same set of stock K&B bearings with no sign of wear!!!!!
??? 22 yr old K+B bearings. In what size "Race" motor??? Not being a smart ass,I am really curious.
K & B outboard .45 old picco 90s old cmb 90s os .91s the list goes on and on Klotz Supertechinplate fixed all our bearing problems.... we have boxes and boxes of old motors with 20 + seasons on 1 set of bearings... Believe what you want but i know what Klotz and mixing our own fuel has done for us (kept us in boating)

Yes kl100 David,,,,I put up the kl200 specs for interest,,,Kl200 is generally used in aircraft engines and Kl198 in choppers..

Latest posts

Back