OS .21 Outboard Fuel Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Sawyer

What is the recommended fuel for the OS .21 outboard? I recall reading somewhere that at least 18% oil is recommended but I have noticed may fuel distributers don't list the oil %.

What is the recommended fuel for the OS .21 outboard? I recall reading somewhere that at least 18% oil is recommended but I have noticed may fuel distributers don't list the oil %.
If your distributor won't tell you how much or what oil there using. It's time to find a new supplier.
I don't run OS outboards, but I run 60% in my 21 engines.
The outboarder runners I'm sure will chime in about %

O.S. states 18% "Quality lubricant'.

O.S. .21 XM VII Manual

One of my heli buddies mixes his own fuel. He has run down to 9% - just don't run it lean. Like Dave said, 14% is pretty popular from what I've found. I'm still running a stash of Byron 55% Hydro-Glow that is 16% lube in my O.S. Outboard. Runs fine, I like it very much.

-Joey

50-60% Nitro
15-18% oil for me...3% of that caster, balance is klots KL200
Balance is methanol

You can run lower nitro, it all depends on what you want to get out of it :)

Back