Novarossi Toro Nero testing results....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Glenn, motor sounds good for just breaking it in. Some strut/prop tweaking will get you there for sure. I know H-4 lifts less than H-7, if you have one to try. Dia of H-4 is only about 1.730 though. What pipe are you running in the videos? I might need one of those motors for my birthday next month lol. Richard D
Hey Richard, Yes the H7 is generally not one of the props I choose to run...it acted exactly how I expected it to. I only ran it and posted the video to show folks the motor can pull it fine. I'm sure on some boats the H7 works great and I'm sure with a little tweaking it would work well on my boat, it is just not one of my "Go to" props.

The pipe is one of my .21 Texan pipes.

Talk to you later,

Glenn

Friends, I had a chance to get a few minutes of testing in yesterday afternoon...all I can say is I LOVE THIS MOTOR!

Let me start off with telling you I have NOT seen the "squeal of death" kinds of RPM yet, but all of the other aspects of the motor are awesome!

I am running this motor completely stock (removed some shims to get the head clearance to around .010") with one of my Texan .21 pipes at 2.5" from the side of the head to the high point, in my heat racing boat and PowerMaster 60% fuel.

The things I really like about this motor is the awesome torque, raceability (go fast, go slow, it just doesn't matter to it) and the ease of use (consistency...in the 30 or so runs I have made I have NEVER used the retreive boat because to motor quit!).

Yesterday I started off with a pitched up/cupped up 1445...instant acceleration!

Then went to a detounged X648 (really nice .21 hydro prop if you can spin it)...Much better speed than the 1445, still instant acceleration.

Then just for fun put one of my detougned, pitched/cupped 2047 SAW props (run in the high 90's on my SAW boat)...better speed than the others, was full on pipe 30 after launch, took about 100" to accelerate for idle to full speed.

Then went to a full blade 2047...pulled it fine, but not as good as the others...took about 1/2 of the straight away to go from idle to full speed.

last tried V947...this may be my new favorite prop on this boat, pulled it like crazy, fastest speed and back to instant acceleration. I was playing with dirt tracking it around the turns...full into the turn full speed, go full idle and full turn, then nailed it about 1/2 way through the turn and it would be full back on pipe about the time it came out of the turn!

I'm anxious to see how the RPM responds to higher exhaust timing, but for most of us running stock will be all that is needed to take a trophy home at the end of the weekend!

Glenn

Had a chance to run the Toro Nero a few more time today. Continued to shorten the pipe and it is picking up the RPM I haven't seen in the past and still pulling every prop that I put on it today (several different 1450's, X648, and V947/3) with NO problem.

GQ

Back