New Design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Ok, heres the deal - I've been toying around w/ some design ideas and i've seen how much thought and time/effort goes into these boats. I'm very new @ this and don't know a lot about all the technical angles, pitches and so forth - most of the time you guys might as well be speaking a different language to me. Although it's confusing @ times, I enjoy learning everything I can from your posts and hopefully in time i'll be up to speed and putting my two cents in all the time. I'm a tool and die major w/ a little bit of a background in cad and mastercam design and no how to work design software, problem is my pc won't accept the free software and I don't want to spend the bucks on any software @ the moment. If I draw up something to a slightly smaller scale on graph paper can it be duplicated via scanned and made to the desired actual size ? Any little bits of info on design would be helpful too, I've disected some wood riggers and have been thumbing through pics and just sizing up all the different sizes and shapes of riggers...I'm looking @ getting my own .12 size rigger together and had a major brain storm today and think I might have a prettly sleek but simple lil' design in the midsts - and I'm not concerned about how it would perform as of yet, just getting it from paper to wood. I mean, realistically, half the battle is trial and error and many prototypes correct !!! Any thoughts (minus put-downs) would be of great value <_< After all, it's all about having fun right !!!

Some large sheets of graph paper a ruler, set square, patractor and some fine pencils will do the job. I also have a basic CAD program (Total CAD) that cost me about $16, works OK for my uses, would be better still if I had access to a plotter.

Brian

Back