need more rtrs to race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Robert said, Here in district 3 at this point we only have a mod class, But i gotta tell ya, im still running the stock motor that came with my boat and it runs pretty darn good! The only thing that ive done to mine is to remove the head shim and the pull start, other than that, the motor is box stock.....Ive got an O.S. CVRM .18 to put in the boat but ill probably wait till i blow up my stock motor...I have no idea what speeds my boat is running, but ive read from other posts that stock boats are running in the high 30s to low 40s and the modded boats are approaching 50mph!! What district are you in?? P.S. Dont forget, whether your going 40mph or 70mph you still gotta run 6 laps and FINISH the race!! Have fun, Bill

I am in District 3 actually. I attended the july race with herb stewart. i ran an electric tunnel hull with him that day, and helped out with another guy as his pit man. I went ahead and joined, and bought the Vegas that I have now. I have been working through a few problems with it. I have had it running with the new piston and sleeve in the stock motor. Right now i am trying to fix the front sponsons. They were in bad shape, and as I tried to smooth them out, I almost sanded through the glass. I should have it back up and running by the weekend. I am hoping to get out to the lake on sat to do some testing. i have picked up a few new props to try once they are sharpend and balanced.

i may try to come by for the 2 day race, but I don't think I will be ready to race yet. we shall see though.

if I can get into this class, i will just have to get a better motor sooner than later. lol
Im planning on being at the race at Brandon..so come on out and get your feet wet...even if you dont race bring your boat with you and we,ll take a look at it!! RTRs are alot of fun to race and they are CHEAP! If you decide to get another motor later...you can contact Terminater...if he has any left, he sold me a new CVRM at a VERY reasonable price! Bill
I am hoping to atleast get out there one of the two days. No reason why I shouldn't be able to that I know of. I have the boat cut open right now trying to fix the running surface. I hope to have it back together by the weekend so I can get some more testing done. If I can get the boat running decent, I will plan to run.
Good deal, man.......there are also sponson mods that people are doing that really help in the speed dept, even with the stock motor....i havent made them on my boat yet, but Jerry Dunlap sent me some pics of mods he has done on his Vegas with great results.....Ill try to remember to bring them with me so you can have a look..Bill

As Robert said, Here in district 3 at this point we only have a mod class, But i gotta tell ya, im still running the stock motor that came with my boat and it runs pretty darn good! The only thing that ive done to mine is to remove the head shim and the pull start, other than that, the motor is box stock.....Ive got an O.S. CVRM .18 to put in the boat but ill probably wait till i blow up my stock motor...I have no idea what speeds my boat is running, but ive read from other posts that stock boats are running in the high 30s to low 40s and the modded boats are approaching 50mph!! What district are you in?? P.S. Dont forget, whether your going 40mph or 70mph you still gotta run 6 laps and FINISH the race!! Have fun, Bill

I am in District 3 actually. I attended the july race with herb stewart. i ran an electric tunnel hull with him that day, and helped out with another guy as his pit man. I went ahead and joined, and bought the Vegas that I have now. I have been working through a few problems with it. I have had it running with the new piston and sleeve in the stock motor. Right now i am trying to fix the front sponsons. They were in bad shape, and as I tried to smooth them out, I almost sanded through the glass. I should have it back up and running by the weekend. I am hoping to get out to the lake on sat to do some testing. i have picked up a few new props to try once they are sharpend and balanced.

i may try to come by for the 2 day race, but I don't think I will be ready to race yet. we shall see though.

if I can get into this class, i will just have to get a better motor sooner than later. lol
is there any way you can email them to me? Since I have it cut open now would be a great time to do it.

Im planning on being at the race at Brandon..so come on out and get your feet wet...even if you dont race bring your boat with you and we,ll take a look at it!! RTRs are alot of fun to race and they are CHEAP! If you decide to get another motor later...you can contact Terminater...if he has any left, he sold me a new CVRM at a VERY reasonable price! Bill
I am hoping to atleast get out there one of the two days. No reason why I shouldn't be able to that I know of. I have the boat cut open right now trying to fix the running surface. I hope to have it back together by the weekend so I can get some more testing done. If I can get the boat running decent, I will plan to run.
Good deal, man.......there are also sponson mods that people are doing that really help in the speed dept, even with the stock motor....i havent made them on my boat yet, but Jerry Dunlap sent me some pics of mods he has done on his Vegas with great results.....Ill try to remember to bring them with me so you can have a look..Bill

Latest posts

Back