moving house is such a pain in the you-know-what

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimZaremski

seriously. I've been living in a 1-BR apartment. How the heck did I get so much "stuff" to move?

You think it's bad moving from a small apartment, wait until you move from someplace larger. The amount of stuff you've find places to stash will astound you even more

I just moved from a 2078 sq ft home to my new town home. It's been a week and I still don't have my stuff organized. Thank god it's the last time.

Julian

I think my wife said it best "Moving is as close to a divorce as we've ever gotten" - LOL! This was after moving from Fla. to Va. with 3 horses, 2 dogs, 6 vehicles & all our stuff from 20 some years of marriage. Oh yeah, the kid too. No movers, 2 24' Budget rental trucks, 4 stall horse trailer, flatbed trailer & a car dolly. Took a few trips for all the vehicles.

I think my wife said it best "Moving is as close to a divorce as we've ever gotten" - LOL! This was after moving from Fla. to Va. with 3 horses, 2 dogs, 6 vehicles & all our stuff from 20 some years of marriage. Oh yeah, the kid too. No movers, 2 24' Budget rental trucks, 4 stall horse trailer, flatbed trailer & a car dolly. Took a few trips for all the vehicles.
good lord.

good lord.
Tell me about it Jim. BTW, that was 6 vehicles we brought up here! Got some funny looks with my '73 Dodge Charger towing the wife's '93 Mitsubishi Galant on the car dolly (-:

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like that should have been the other way around
Come right down to it, my Charger is a better tow vehicle then most modern 1/2 ton trucks. 4,000 lbs., 360 V8 with digital Holley efi/headers/cam/intake etc., police/HD suspension with fr. & rear sway bars, 727 HD torqueflite with gear vendors OD=6 speeds, 8 3/4" sure grip rear with 3.73 gears, & police/HD brakes (11 3/4" fr. rotors & 11"x2 1/2" rear drums). Funny story from about two weeks ago: had my 8'x16' flatbed with 3 rolls of hay in tow. Headed up Mt. Weather (yeah, that Mt. Weather the government security installation), I went to pass a fairly new Suburban. When I got about even with his rear bumper, he starts speeding up. Not real sure what the mentality is there, people driving slower than you are but don't want to let you pass them???? I had been running about 60, when we got to 70+ I said enough.... Well, guess who made it to the top first LOL! Let me just say, first to the top didn't have a bowtie on the grill (-;

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2004 my wife and I moved from a 2700 sq ft condo to a 1450 sq ft house. Talk about having to get rid of stuff.

We had a running joke for about 10 years that if we ever found a condo with a 3 car garage, let's buy it

Well in summer of 2003 we found one. Then in May 2004, someone knocked on the door and offered $180,000 more than we paid for it. For a $180,000 profit in 10 months, I'll move.

Latest posts

Back