ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran my GP 400 with Q power this weekend and was simply awesome for a first time in water very conservative se up but was flawless get design and kit was a pleasure to build will take some photos and post. Jerry

That's awesome Jerry! Hope you have had a good summer? Nicholas, Yes, I am gonna put it out there, the GSX series of sport hydro's, to me, are by far the easiest I have ever designed, to build, and honestly, the way the dowel rods go threw the whole sponson, into the center section, will add incredible strength all around. I am uploading pics of the GSX310, and starting a new thread here in just a few minutes. I will add the link here in a sec. Mike

Mike my summer flew by to much work and not enough play time also have been testing and tuning the gas sport hydro. almost dialed in playing with props. Again another get boat stable and very predictable. Man I hope never to have a snafu as this boat will never fold as other do. Running on the prop with a 26. I am really excited to talk with Mark S on some props for the Q should be in the 60's running 1p 6 S also have tried it with 2P 6 s a bit heavy needs a good launch. Thanks again for the design of great boats

Ray take a look at post #40 and post #66 in this thread. It will give you the general location. I never measured it, just got it over as far as I could to the engine well stringer! Mike

The rudder on my GP400 is 2 3/16 inches from the centerline of the strut to the centerline of the rudder. My rudder is on the left side, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Dick Tyndall

Mine is 2 1/2" to center but looking from rear on the right. My feels are same as Dicks shouldn't make difference. Mine is on left on my Backlash no advantage either way on a Sport boat. Jerry

Thanks men.
default_cool.png

Yes, the new website and shopping cart is being loaded this week, and that is the shopping carts "base" background that was preloaded. Todd is loading the kit menus, and then the long task of adding back over 150 kits begins, and removing bike parts, lol. If anyone needs anything, please just shoot me an email. Thanks, Mike

Has anyone finished their nitro GSX380 builds? I would love to hear from you guys. I am working on the GSX310 31" nitro sport 20 prototype now as well. I hope to finish it soon. Pics to come. Mike
Hi Mike,

I had been hoping to get the gsx380 built before the season started, but didn't get it done. Traveling and racing got in my way. Now that the season is over, I've been able to focus on the GSX 380. I' m nearly to the painting stage, so I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'll send a video once I get it on the water!

Dan

Dan, I look forward to seeing your build finished!

As you guys may have noticed, the new website is up, and I am adding all the items back as fast as I can! Its really slick and will make ordering so much easier! I cannot wait to post about the grand re-opening of www.mlboatworksrc.com. This has been about a year in the making, so I am excited to get back to work, and design new things! Mike

I'm having a little trouble with the engine location with the middle dowel going across the engine bay.. Maybe have to cut out the middle section of it?
Brian, that's right. On page 3 of this thread, posting 45, you can see how mike cut out the dowels on his electric. You need to cut dowel out of the engine compartment, but keep the one in the nose.
I've spent a considerable amount of time planning out the engine placement to get the radio, servos, and tanks to fit while getting the c.g. close to one inch behind the back of the sponson so I won't have to add too much weight in the nose.

Just some thoughts of what I've seen, some are isolating a servo into its own radio box, some are customizing a motor mount and mounting it through the floor but will need to add some reinforcement (there is a posting with a picture in this thread), some are cutting back a portion of the engine rails to make more room. I am close to getting everything to fit so I am not done not yet.

Hope this helps, I'll try to post something once it fits!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back