ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the layout El Zorro and I came up with. Steering servo is a W/P Savox mounted in the rear. Battery is located over the left sponson. It's still tight as a bulls azz in fly town getting the motor as far forward as possible.

radio box (2).jpg

rb mounting tabs (2).jpg

That's great thanks guys, I think I was trying to put the motor to far back. Are you putting the pipe under the deck or using a different cowl? or running it in IMBA? I'm running in NAMBA so I think I'll have to modify the bulkhead behind the tanks.

Ray, thank you for the pics. If others are feeling the same way about floor mount engine mounts, I will change the kit and remove the rails, and just leave a small rib along the floor like you did, and integrate the front portion with a radio box, and have a hopper box for the battery like you did. That will be a V2 model I suspect. This is great feedback to make future versions even more user friendly. I will also modify that crossmember to make for more room for the tanks. Keep up the good work...a big THANK YOU! Mike

Sam,

I am getting closer. Working on refitting the my GP-400 Cowl to the GSX. I have mounted my motor through the bottom like Ray and Dick.

Regards,

Bert Dygert

GSX-380 - 2.4.16.JPG

Hi Mike,

No, I didn't fall off the edge of the world. Lots of people would ask how the GSX 380 was coming and I kept telling them I was so close. I finally decided to keep my mouth shut and I'd talk once the boat was done!

It's official! I'm in the water!

I put the final touches on my GSX 380 last week and let it see the water yesterday to break in the motor (CMB Vac 45).

I am really pleased with how the boat handled, considering it's the first time on the water, pipe was conservative, and ran it rich. It didn't hurt having some skilled racers assisting me at the lake. Thanks Brian, Mike, Donnie and Jeff! Not to mention the people responding to my IW postings along the way, to Stu for all of his assistance, and the other club members that helped. I have learned alot this year!!

I ended up placing the fuel tanks in the front compartment on each side of the engine. I also placed the steering servo towards the rear of the boat closer to the rudder and mounted the engine to floor.

The boat's center of gravity ended up about 2.5 inches behind sponson, which I will be working on once the motor gets broken in. I thought I would work on this after I had a chance to see how the placement of the fuel tanks would effect the handling. I didn't see any problems as the tanks emptied, so far.

If I can figure out how to post a picture, I will post a picture of the inside.

Thanks Mike for a great boat! The assembly of the boat was a piece of cake, but for me being new, I have learned, there are alot of knowledgable and creative people that are more than willing to help other boaters.

Dan

Hi Sam,

Yes. I'll be racing it there (here)
default_smile.png

Hope you can make it

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sport 20 FE...ready for sealer and hardware mockup...

20160424_102538.jpg

Looks great Kent,

Bert, Hey, I just noticed the front nosing on your Sport 40 kit...Did you reshape it? If so, it needs to be blunt like the way it came with the kit. Sharpening that up will change the way the boat handles blow offs. There is a reason behind the madness!

Hi Sam,

Yes. I'll be racing it there (here)
default_smile.png

Hope you can make it

Dan

Hi Mike,

No, I didn't fall off the edge of the world. Lots of people would ask how the GSX 380 was coming and I kept telling them I was so close. I finally decided to keep my mouth shut and I'd talk once the boat was done!

It's official! I'm in the water!

I put the final touches on my GSX 380 last week and let it see the water yesterday to break in the motor (CMB Vac 45).

I am really pleased with how the boat handled, considering it's the first time on the water, pipe was conservative, and ran it rich. It didn't hurt having some skilled racers assisting me at the lake. Thanks Brian, Mike, Donnie and Jeff! Not to mention the people responding to my IW postings along the way, to Stu for all of his assistance, and the other club members that helped. I have learned alot this year!!

I ended up placing the fuel tanks in the front compartment on each side of the engine. I also placed the steering servo towards the rear of the boat closer to the rudder and mounted the engine to floor.

The boat's center of gravity ended up about 2.5 inches behind sponson, which I will be working on once the motor gets broken in. I thought I would work on this after I had a chance to see how the placement of the fuel tanks would effect the handling. I didn't see any problems as the tanks emptied, so far.

If I can figure out how to post a picture, I will post a picture of the inside.

Thanks Mike for a great boat! The assembly of the boat was a piece of cake, but for me being new, I have learned, there are alot of knowledgable and creative people that are more than willing to help other boaters.

Dan
IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

That looks really nice Dan! Great work!!!! I would love to see a video if you have anyone there that can do one some time? Mike

Back