ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony got the fresh plug done today. Take a look! I am gonna talk to him tonight, and see how we wanna get this in my hands so I can get the mold made! I would say it looks pretty incredible!

FullSizeRender_zpssbrs5cp6.jpg

Modern machineing and prototyping is amazing. If this job was done straight thru from design to cutting to finishing, I could have done it in 6 or 8 hours. But since it's not real "paying work" it took a few weeks. My 380 kit is on the way. This will be a really great new sport 40 boat.

Looks good. Looks a lot lower then the other design also. Do you think you will have any motor clearance issues with new cowling?

Never mind. After looking at the drawing a couple post up it Looks like it would do just fine. Do you anyone building a nitro version.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 nitro kits are in transit, and I have one I am building here. I will be posting pics of that build soon. Mike

I laid in the engine there is clearance. We wanted a more low-profile design. If you mount the engine too high it will touch.The model was done with the nova Rossi 46 and Clarence under the flywheel for the belt

I know where one nitro version is going, Michigan.

Bert Dygert

Dan, yours has been shipped too! I will send you the tracking when I get on my computer. Mike

pretty easy to puzzle together.. worked on it just a little last night.. just getting things all in position. Have any of you guys building a nitro version figured out where to put fuel tanks? With the 5 in rails the space between the rails and the outer wall is very limited..

what have you guys decided to do?

I do have some PDF files showing how to do the center section. The only change was opening up the tops of the forward crossmember in the center section. Also, for the Nitro version the deck separator for the rear hatch and front hatch has been moved back one frame. I will see if I can maybe even save those here as a jpg on the thread. Anthony is shipping the cowling plug today, and if I get it before the weekend, I will start making the mold over the weekend. Mike

Back