ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This surface in yellow interests me.. Looks cool.. is it flat? I bet this will be a key surface to the running characteristics of this boat.. for both launch, and lift at speed.. Mike can you tell us about the design intent for this? On mine I usually made the part under the tub flat with tub,.. this may be the next great thing with handling the rough waves and wakes,.. kind of a secondary running surface when things get rough.. really cool... looking forward to testing one for myself..

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony, That is just the air relief. Nothing to much out of the norm. The gas sport GSX480 uses the same design...works great!

Quick update, I have finished rigging the hull, then removed everything, and I am now prepping for paint. Was going to prime it yesterday, but had a bunch of customers cowlings to lay up, so they came first! Mike

Well, the paintwork is done, just need to let it cure, re-rig the hull, and run it!

20150201_160004_zpse3i1s4nb.jpg

20150201_160010_zpsnxbsdqkh.jpg

20150201_160021_zpsv8yfc1dq.jpg

20150201_160131_zpscieqoyf3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kent. I will send a PM your way.

Ray, I need to give you a call!!! I will do so tomorrow night. I know you don't wanna talk tonight with the Super Bowl about to start soon. If that is not the case, give me a ring, (252) 717-6282.. I will be around! Mike

I wanted everyone to see that a Nitro center has been designed as well. As you can see, the engine rails are in front of the cross member (Crossmember is further back on the Nitro version as well to make more room up front). This places the engine in front of the sponson heal.

Nitro380center_zpspjvswjni.jpg

You did just see the post directly above yours right? There is a nitro center version.

I posted too slow. And I was talking about the one you built. Looks great. I have a few questions before I order. I need to figure out fuel tank placement. Nitro version have 5 in rails? Will the 310 cowl at full length reach the bulkhead in front of the transom?

Thanks Kent. I will send a PM your way.

Ray, I need to give you a call!!! I will do so tomorrow night. I know you don't wanna talk tonight with the Super Bowl about to start soon. If that is not the case, give me a ring, (252) 717-6282.. I will be around! Mike
Mike, I did not get a PM from you...??

Back