ML Boatworks GP Sport Hydro lineup is getting a facelift...New cowlings!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes,.. they will carry a similar theme,.. all but the 265, it has no scoop and bit more bubble,.. These cowls will package any engine / pipe combo you can imagine.. a fantastic finish to Mike GP line..

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not be changing the price of any of my kits even with this new cowling. I want my prices to stay competitive, and right now, my kit cost plus shipping is exactly the same as a Whip in similar size, and I want to keep it that way, even tho the GP line has a lot going for it!

Now, replacement cowls for the GP310-400 series will be $45 plus $5 shipping in the continental usa, and the gp265 will be $38 plus $5 shipping...and again, this only applies to people needing replacement cowlings, not full kits!

BTW, Samuel, your T6 sport 40 kit shipped today via Fedex..you should get an email from Fedex with tracking numbers, I think...If not let me know if you need it. Thanks! Mike

Just to be clear guys.. I'm only in this for support. I offered to work on the cowls with Mike. I am not involved in Mikes boatworks,.. just a willing contributor!!

....and I am a very very thankful recipient of a top notch 3d designer! Thanks so much for your help and talents Anthony!

I will not be changing the price of any of my kits even with this new cowling. I want my prices to stay competitive, and right now, my kit cost plus shipping is exactly the same as a Whip in similar size, and I want to keep it that way, even tho the GP line has a lot going for it!

Now, replacement cowls for the GP310-400 series will be $45 plus $5 shipping in the continental usa, and the gp265 will be $38 plus $5 shipping...and again, this only applies to people needing replacement cowlings, not full kits!

BTW, Samuel, your T6 sport 40 kit shipped today via Fedex..you should get an email from Fedex with tracking numbers, I think...If not let me know if you need it. Thanks! Mike
Got the email. Thanks. Reason for me asking about price is, I was thinking about modifying your GP 400 cowl to the T-6 project. I think it would look really Kool and it will keep it a ML Boat.

Met up with some friends in VA today. Got John Finch to get behind the wheel so I could video this for you guys. I think this might even be the first time John has driven an FE boat! When he got done running, we discussed some things to make it even better. The first thing is getting the rudder on the right side of the transom instead of the left. He felt when the boat blew off in the video it was because he had zero rudder input at the time, where he had been giving it a touch of right rudder during the rest of the running, and the boat lifted the sponson. He felt the right side rudder mounting would help eliminate that. The 10-15mph quartering wind didn't help either! Anyways, the rudder was shortened up today and the boat picked up 5-6mph, so I was very happy about that! Maybe this will help show you what this boat is all about! Enjoy, Mike

I hope Mike doesn't get mad at me but I can't hold back on this.. We are getting progress on the new molds for the GP cowls. Here are some pics I got this morning.

DSCN1055.JPG

DSCN1056.JPG

DSCN1057.JPG

FSCN1053.JPG

Thanks for posting Anthony. I was just about to load those up as well. You saved me some time. According to the CNC guy, these are smooth enough that sealing and waxing is all that is needed to proceed! Pretty cool stuff! I hope to be laying up molds from these over the next week or so! Mike

He just sent us some more pics:

DSCN1058.jpg
\

DSCN1060.jpg

DSCN1061.jpg

Its only a secret on Jim's RCBD due to the bad way things can go over there! When its released, it is going to turn the gas class upside down! If it cannot do that, I will not sell it. It has to be number 1!

this has been an enjoyable thread.. I would like to keep it that way.. back to cool ways to make cool boats and cowls!!!

Those looks sweet,Im glad i Got to talk to you Mike ,Even tho it got cut short.Not shure what happened there,Cant waite to get to build one of these. :D

Back