ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

Have you given any more thought about making a turbine cowl for the GSX380 nitro boat? I remember Anthony M. said something a while back about making one if he got the okay from you. Some of us don't like putting the tuned pipe down inside the boat..........

Dick Tyndall

Dick, is it Namba or IMPBA that do not allow a pipe out of the top? I can't remember. I have never really thought about it, but I guess I could. I have not sold enough of these nitro kits yet to have any feedback on the current cowl..I wonder if anyone else would like to see one done that way? Let me know guys! Mike

Dick, is it Namba or IMPBA that do not allow a pipe out of the top? I can't remember. I have never really thought about it, but I guess I could. I have not sold enough of these nitro kits yet to have any feedback on the current cowl..I wonder if anyone else would like to see one done that way? Let me know guys! Mike
NAMBA

I'd be up for one as well.

Brian

A nice stand with Prop guard is now available for the GSX310 and GSX380 hulls! The prices are also a lot lower as I have changed the way they are made to minimize amount of cutting. I also modified the GP and SX series sport hydro stands to reduce cost on them as well. Same with the Universal Rigger Stands I offer! Check it out! Mike

GSX-380Sa_zpsrkazz0og.jpg

GSX-380S_zpsydyqykvx.jpg

GSX-380Sb_zpsltxakyfw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pulled tape after clear coat, have 10 days to rig before Charleston.
default_ohmy.png
You know I'll ding it up on assembly.
default_tongue.png
Thanks to all those who helped.

M/L Boats

Virginia Craftsman

Thunderboat Graphics

Lipgens Tanks

And a big shout out to my man Nails, who got my azz back in gear.
default_cool.png

Finished 2.jpg

GREAT looking boat, Ray-Ray! You are a true craftsman in more ways than one. I can see this going 62 MPH right out of the gate............... Look out Charleston!

Dick Tyndall

Guys what is the ideal CG location on these hydros?

I am building one now, the nitro version but need to work on motor position and CG.

Anywhere from 1" to 2.5" will work, then fine tune from there. This hull has a lot of CoG flexability tho! Mike

Back