Life batteries for RX use - pros & cons?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pair of 1300's 10C packs last for a long time. Just 1 of them lasts a long time. Lol.

i3sxmp.jpg
2nar3pi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So.........

With the fact that I run dual RX's in my twins, one for throttle and one for steering even with digitals I'm thinking 2 1600mah life packs would get it done based on what you guys using them are seeing as far a run time vs. nimh. Sound about right?
Sounds like 1100mah to me. What kind of 1600mah you thinking.

So.........

With the fact that I run dual RX's in my twins, one for throttle and one for steering even with digitals I'm thinking 2 1600mah life packs would get it done based on what you guys using them are seeing as far a run time vs. nimh. Sound about right?
Just one 2100 Life pack with two harness good enough power amp ;)
Yuen,

I think that would defeat the safety reason.

So.........

Was looking at Hyperion 1600 flat pack (HP FG305-1600-2S) since all my lipos for the FE stuff are same

So.........

Was looking at Hyperion 1600 flat pack (HP FG305-1600-2S) since all my lipos for the FE stuff are same
I see.

That's the pack I use in my 6-8s rigger, as many have said jus tgo for it, you won't be disapointed.

In general, a nicad or nimh will have twice the mah rating of a lithium to even tihink about coming close.

With the seemingly popularity in growth of these LiFE packs should we completely abandon using traditional NiCAD packs for R/C nitro boat use? Obviously the LiFE packs are smaller and more efficient than traditional NiCAD packs.

I've always used SR Batteries brand (600mah - 1100mah) 6v Rx packs in my boats. They have functioned very well, provide robust current and capacity.

I have much NiCAD battery support equipment for charging and discharging packs. Traditional NiCAD packs are 1.2v per cell. My Ace digipace cycler/charger is calibrated at 1.1v per cell (I believe). Not sure I could re-calibrate for LiFE pack cell voltage, I've read that they can be dificult to get a solid voltage reading? Anyway beyond all this sounds like the LiFE packs perform well (from what I've read so far).

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Here's what I am doing as my nicads and nmhds go bad I replace them with LiFe battery's . no use throwing away good battery's ,

Some are old and still pack a good punch.

Nails

Back