Letters needed..please read and help a Marine!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeniJohnson

Hey Gang As most of you know I have a daughter who is a US MARINE . She is stationed in Monterey Ca recovering from surgery for a broken back. (she was injured it in a training accident). While I was in California I met a wonderful young Marine (Jason) who helped Jessica and I for the 3 weeks I was there. I could not have done it without his help.

Last week Jason was deployed to Afghanistan and he was able to text me. I will be sending him letters and care packages. When I asked him what he wanted he told me a “fishing magazine” and than he added “ the rest of the guys here are wondering if you could get a school or someone to write them letters from home.” Needless to say it broke my heart. These kids are fighting so we can race our boats and relax. I got a text this morning telling me how grueling the missions are and how awful it is there. I am asking for your help in doing this. Please take a minute and write a letter or a card. (Address it to a US Marine) Send them a picture of you and your boat..invite them to a race when they get home….

You can send it to me and I will forward it to Jason to give to the other Marines. I am trying to find out what kind of stuff we can send them in care packages and will let you know. If you just want to take a few minutes and type something up and e mail to me ([email protected]) I will put it in a envelope and mail it to them…as much as I see you all on the internet I know you can type a few lines about yourself and what’s happening in your neck of the woods. These guys and girls need us to keep their spirits up and asking for a few letters is such a small thing.

PLEASE..PLEASE..I can’t do this alone and am asking for all of you to help me. My address is US MARINE

c/o Jeni Johnson 1122 Brick Chimney Road Georgetown SC 29440 At this time I can not post his address on the internet. If you want me to pm it I can do that. My goal is to send a box full of cards and letters so he can pass them out. I know there are a lot more parents of service men and women out there or you have served yourself…all I ask is we let them know that we care about what they are doing for us and we know they are there! Help me make a difference in a young kids life! Thanks jj

PS. My son-in-law who is also a US Marine is being deployed next week…his 4th deployment to protect our country! Keep him in your prayers along with all the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You so much..If I hear from Jason tonight I will pass it on. I know he has been out on some bad missions so keep them in your prayers too. jj

Thanks Tom..just send them to me and I will get them to the guys. jeni johnson 1122 Brick Chimney Road Georgetown SC 29577. jj

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to this. I sent out the first batch of letters today but need more. These Marines need to hear from us..home..to keep their spirits up. My son-n-law l(Chris) left yesterday for a nine month deployment. We don't know where he will go yet. He has a 20 month old son and 10 year old daughter and a beautiful wife.. Please keep them in your prayers. Please help keep this drive going..It is so easy. jj

I am sending a package out monday or tuesday along with a letter and a little story about my dad ,USMC RET. PFC John J Foley . Hopefully they will enjoy it !

Back