LiveTime/MyLaps– Lap Counting System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, wile I respect your opinions, I have disagree, if you are consistently wrong then you are not being accurate unless that is your intention!
I also applaud Lenny’s time and dedication in his effort to improve our hobby, but the fact is the system is flawed and not consistent or accurate as is! Now that being said does not mean that the system can’t be improved to make it consistent and accurate. I know Lenny has been working with the My Laps team to make the necessary improvements to the system! It just seems like 2yrs should have seen better results!

Last edited:
This type of system has been used in European and Chinese races for many years now. We have not raced with any manual systems for a long time. No more jump starts as transponder line goes live exactly on zero and no more remembering to put hand up to count.

ianfolkson,
Can you provide us with verified data as to the accuracy of your system regarding jump starts? The system being used here is not presently accurate in regards to the starts! I am not a technician by any means but if we are going to use this system it should be 100% accurate especially if used for setting records as has been proposed!

I have no information on the system. Many countries wrote their own software and some bought software from amb and some other resellers. Some use modified car race doftware and some written by clever guys who understand programing.
The races here in Hydro and offshore make the line go live at exactly the start time. At first Many boats were too early as the racers do not stand directly on the line. But soon everyone at Imbra world championships got used to it and we won't run races with hand calls anymore.

Sorry cannot be of more help.

This type of system has been used in European and Chinese races for many years now. We have not raced with any manual systems for a long time. No more jump starts as transponder line goes live exactly on zero and no more remembering to put hand up to count.
Ian

Do you guys use it for FSR-V and FSR-H , because they are 2 different start scenarios.

Alex

I'm very glad to see someone using these systems I race cars as well as boats a d I love the transponder systems and have been shocked no one has tried them yet it's a valuable tool for that track and facility as well as the driver in the car world

What is the cost of a transponder and what do they look like as I have never used one ? I don't intend to buy any for the 6 to 7 classes I race , just curious.

used mylaps road racing motorcycles and it was pretty awesome. You can pull up live timing and see whats going on in real time. sit in the pits with a laptop and see who's finishing where and how fast they are going.

What is the cost of a transponder and what do they look like as I have never used one ? I don't intend to buy any for the 6 to 7 classes I race , just curious.

around $80 used to $120. they absolutely can be run outside the radio box for quick detachment into another boat. They are robust and wrapped in a balloon should be fine getting wet.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say that sometimes simpler is better. Personally I'm fine with human scoring performance in the tower and roll with the calls made
Some juvenile adults will scream and yell at calls and will do the same even with transponders . Arguments will still happen and waste time . Good luck with transponders , 4000.00 scoring systems and yearly software costs . We just don't need it at least in my opinion. I'll use my 120.00 for bearings or fuel .

I will say I agree arguments will always happen the main arguments I see when racing cars is due to if some cuts someone else off or something of that nature but the transponder systems does seem to eliminate scoring and finish related issues since cars done start the same way that wasn't a issue from the beginning but I'd imagine I'd be helpful for boats definitely expensive for sure

Back